Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Were There Any Christmas Specials on the FORS CoRe?

jimz49

I saw there was a sale going on for the Makro 77, but didn't see anything for the FORS CoRe. I see Kellyco has them (CoRe) for $999.00.....is that the normal price? Looking to buy soon, but will wait if there is something in the pipeline.

I may have been wrong about the Makro sale. I saw metaldetector.com had a price of $550 on the 77 and I thought that was a sale price. However, after looking at it again, I think that may be their regular price.

Kco had an awesome black friday special on the cores. Maybe they will have another special in spring?

Can you remember how much they asking for it and were they offering accessories with it?

Jimz49 ya may want to hold off for a few. The new model Core will be out "I hope" by late Jan. at Kco and now they have the Racer coming....may be worth the wait.

Thanks for letting me know. I've really been on the fence with this purchase. It's a little nerve racking departing from buying a brand that most are familiar with and going with a brand that's relatively new. But I've been reading a lot of good things about the CoRe and watched some utubes that were pretty eye opening. I'll wait for the newer models to start showing up and maybe by that time there will be more information out there comparing the CoRe to other top machines. I'd also like to hear about some of the negatives the machine has. All machines have some negatives and when you only hear the good things you know you're not getting all the facts.

Read my review of the FORS Gold at http://www.findmall.com/read.php?27,2123824

I covered what I think are the negatives, though opinions can differ on that. The Gold and CoRe are the same unit, the Gold just lacks a couple features. If you get one, get the CoRe.

One negative I mention in my review is the rocker switches but that is being fixed in January with new membrane switches and a waterproof power switch http://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2133032

You really hit the nail on the head when you wrote this: "Until now I have not been very willing to use detectors not made by the well known mainstream manufacturers. The key reason has always been service and parts support concerns plus the ability to easily sell the detector should I ever choose to do so." That is exactly what I was thinking when I first heard about the CoRe. You want to believe all the good things you hear, but there's always that little voice telling you, "you've been down this path before, so be careful". It's good to know that you have done an extensive review, and with a few exceptions, have recommend the detector. I thank you for your honestly.

There are two things I'm going to wait for before I make up my mind. First is the switch upgrade. Secondly, I want to know more about the new model(s) that are coming out soon.