Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Werewolf killed near Emmett Idaho ~ Dave's back yard....

What most of the people who do NOT live around here don't know is that these wolves are not native to Idaho. The wise Federal gov. decided that we needed to have the huge Canadian pack wolves in our State to replace the solitariy and much smaller wolves that were native. In an effort to protect the cute little 200 pound killers, they let them breed to a point that most of us have given up Elk hunting. The elk herds are almot wiped out by calf predation and year round wolf killing.Livestock losses are through the roof and many wolves are killed in self defense every year. I had a big male run through my yard last year that left tracks in the snow that were 4 inches wide and 6 inches long. His stride measured almost 6 feet. I like animals as well as any one, but I do not understand why the tree hugging pansy types feel one species, wolves, should be allowed to wipe out our big game herds and our livestock in the name of animal rights. I probably know that lady that smoked the big bad wolf. I have known many more. As for me, I have not shot a wolf, yet. HWH DC

He was camping up in the mountains with some friends. They had crawled into the tent for the night and Jim was almost asleep when her heard something walking around in camp. He grabbed his six cell maglite and went out to investigate, leaving his .44 mag in the tent. He was greeted by a big wolf who was standing 15 feet from him. Jim went into" how I trained him mode" and let out a loud roar and ran at the startled wolf. Wolfey-poo wanted no part of this 6 foot 5 280 pound growling beast and took off like a rocket to the woods. He then realized all he had was the maglite. I think he won't do that again. :lol:DC

...... no mention of height or weight ? Years back, in northern Alberta, I helped F&W skin out about 30 wolves that they had poisoned in a control program. The 2 biggest ones, frozen, stood belt high ( I'm 5'8 ) and weighed 150 lbs. Late 70's,on the McKenzie River, maybe 50 miles south of the Beaufort Sea, I found a track that one could lay a regular ballpoint pen in, without touching the edges of the print ! Much like a grizzly track, you can tell the real McCoy, when the hair on the back of your neck gets nervous !

...... no mention of height or weight ? Years back, in northern Alberta, I helped F&W skin out about 30 wolves that they had poisoned in a control program. The 2 biggest ones, frozen, stood belt high ( I'm 5'8 ) and weighed 150 lbs. Late 70's,on the McKenzie River, maybe 50 miles south of the Beaufort Sea, I found a track that one could lay a regular ballpoint pen in, without touching the edges of the print ! Much like a grizzly track, you can tell the real McCoy, when the hair on the back of your neck gets nervous !

Meant to mention that we have a cougar in downtown Victoria just now; lots on the Island and we get several every year. Mostly displaced youngsters I guess, but then it seems that all the deer and raccoons, have moved into town as well. I have pesky deer in my yard every week, and I am right at the junction of two main roads in town .

You would have thought she would need a bigger gun! That looks like a 44 mag or maybe a .357.. either way.. thats some damn fine shootin to bring that beast down with a freakin pistol!!:super: