Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine Back Issues

Sgt. Silverman

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here :LOL:

Does anyone have any W&E Treasure Magazine back issues from 2015 -2020 that they'll willing to sell? My son has shown some interest in the hobby and I want to put actual material in his hands to read. I know W&E has now gone digital, and it's doable, but I know he likes reading magazines so I wanted to go that route.

I know some folks might give the advice on the great information YouTube provides, but I'm trying to get him OFF the Tube as much as possible. (Although, I'm very Blessed that Nugget Noggin is a great detectorist with a heart for our Lord). I've also checked Ebay and most of the issues are pretty old, or they're pretty expensive. ($11.00 for a magazine.) Just thinking of other options for him.

Thank you in advance everyone and feel free to PM me and I can Paypal or Venmo if need be.

Blessings!

Greg

If you only knew how happy your post just made my wife 😂 She has been telling me to get rid of some of these magazines for years but I have been hanging on to them anyway. I also have a few Lost Treasure magazines as you can see 😳 Anyway I had bought a subscription for my dad before he passed that I now have doubles of in some of the years that you are asking for and would be glad to send what I have to you and your son free of charge. Just glad that I saved them all these years waiting for the Lord to tell me what to do with them but now I know. Not exactly sure what I have but you are welcome to all the doubles that I have if you want them for nothing. Not sure what the shipping might be but let me know if you are still interested. I hope it gets your boy out digging holes soon. Terry in Pennsylvania

Attachments

• EB7D1E74-CC29-4146-9FD9-7F10C5A04A73.jpeg
    EB7D1E74-CC29-4146-9FD9-7F10C5A04A73.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 120
Hey Terry, first I'd just to say I'm truly sorry to hear about your dad. It hits home for me because my step-dad (who was like my dad and was also the best man in my wedding) past away 5 weeks ago and I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around him not being with us any longer. I know he is in a great place though and we're truly Blessed for that.

Second, tell your wife I'm glad we made her very happy! LOL! (y):LOL: Let her also know you're both helping make an 11 year old boy excited to get into this hobby. (He's on vacation in NH and he doesn't know I bought him a Vanquish 440 while he's been gone)

Lastly, I'm truly appeciative and humbled by your generosity and can send you a Paypal payment for the shipping. I can send you a PM with all of my contact information if you'd like.

Thank you again Terry to you and your wife and we hope you have a very Blessed week!

Colossians 3:17

Greg

if you have an electronic subscription you can download i them all the way back to 2010 or 2012 and put in your pdf reader

Irnwrkr is right if your son has a tablet you could do that. I fought the digital subscription for about a year after they stopped printing the magazine but they really didn’t give us any other option. Read on line or don’t read at all. Also on a side note sorry to hear about your dad (stepdad) I lost mine in 2021 and it was really hard. He was my metal detecting buddy as well as my hunting and fishing buddy. Hopefully you and your son will be able to make that bond and enjoy some quality dirt fish’in together.

Hey Terry, first I'd just to say I'm truly sorry to hear about your dad. It hits home for me because my step-dad (who was like my dad and was also the best man in my wedding) past away 5 weeks ago and I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around him not being with us any longer. I know he is in a great place though and we're truly Blessed for that.

Second, tell your wife I'm glad we made her very happy! LOL! (y):LOL: Let her also know you're both helping make an 11 year old boy excited to get into this hobby. (He's on vacation in NH and he doesn't know I bought him a Vanquish 440 while he's been gone)

Lastly, I'm truly appeciative and humbled by your generosity and can send you a Paypal payment for the shipping. I can send you a PM with all of my contact information if you'd like.

Thank you again Terry to you and your wife and we hope you have a very Blessed week!

Greg

Hello SGT Silverman, God has blessed you both--my son has my Treasure Mags, I think, as I had an auction & I'm not sure that I gave them to him, when I was sorting out stuff & packing to move, but they would be dated in the 1970's & later--nothing past 2014 when I sold my St Louis, MO South County home & moved to SE Missouri! He has my detector but has not used it but is retiring soon; so maybe he will get to swinging & digging then! Best of good luck with blessings of nice finds from our blessed Lord Jesus! God is GOOD & always is to those who worship & serve Him gladly! ROMANS 8:28 Ma

Thanks Terry. I might go down the digitial road for myself, but my little guy associates the computer with either school or Fortnite. 😅 My wife homeschools him so we try to put books and magazines in front of him as much as possible.

As for my stepdad, he was my fishing partner. He wasn't into detecting, but sure loved to bass fish!

Your dad sounds like he was also your best friend. I'm very sorry for your loss Terry.

My goal is to take the baton and run with it now. I need to pass on everything to my boy so he can keep it going in the future. Looking forward to making some detecting memories with him here in the years to come 😃

Thank you very much Ma for your kind words, I agree with you 100%! I also hope your son can get swinging once he retires.

Have a Blessed week!

It's funny you mention it. My wife asked me what the kids could get me for my birthday and I mentioned an annual to A.D. magazine. We shall see... (y)

Thank you to everyone that has assisted me in getting my son set up in our amazing hobby 🙏 I'm all set for now as TMAC from PA has been gracious with his magazines and my boy is now off to a great start. A very special THANK YOU to Terry and his wife for helping our family out! 🙏(y)🙏(y)

Have a very Blessed week everyone!

Greg

I've got one W&ET back issue laying around, as well as a bunch of American Digger back issues. I'd rather sell them here than on eBay. If I could figure out how to message you, I would! Message me or email to cor3y@email.com if interested.

-Corey

Just sent a PM Corey...

Thanks! (y)