Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

wet Sand surprise

doindadiggin

Hi guys i went detecting yesterday after a big blow and saw that our beach has lost around 6 ft of sand in one spot so i hit it hard getting heaps of coins around $95.00aud in all but my biggest surprise was two gold rings out on the low wet flats but what was unusual was that they registered a number three now this is the number for our australian five cent piece, so guess who will be digging all the five cents from now on.terry in oz

Now that's a great day at the beach. I'm still waiting over here in Gloucester for the sand to be pulled out. Where and what beach did you hit?

Nice going Terry !:happy:

Those deep sand cuts reveal so much eh!!!:detecting:

That really demonstrates how much we stand to lose by being heavy on the disc...

Hi snowy mate i live for those cutaway,s when i lived in byron bay they occurred all the time and did i clean up!! here are some shots of a big cut out.terry ps where are you from??

That's a real good cut Terry !:cool:
I'm from Melbourne, when I detect the beach, it's one of Port Phillips bays.
I remember seeing a big cut like your photo years ago down at Seaspray,
on the 90 mile beach in Gippsland.
The cut was a good 6 foot deep, in clean surf beach sand; and once you dropped down
onto the new wet surf edge it was a struggle to climb back to the old level again!
It would take a mighty blow to cause a cut like that in the bay...
Small cuts occur, ~ you have to know when a real strong wind gets up,
and get there early!:detecting:

Hi again snowy have you tried coastwatch surf cams they are great if you want to see where the good cuts are at eh terry :surprised::surprised::cam: