Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We've talked a lot about.........

D&P-OR

the things we like about the G2/GBSE detectors.------What are the (let's say 1 to 3 main things) that you would most like to see changed/added on these two detectors?------This can be operational--- features---or even cosmetic but please limit your statements to the EXISTING two detectors (G2 & GBSE).-----If we keep it reasonable & not a "pie in the sky" wish list, I think FT will listen/consider the statements being made.-----FT is a good, progrresive company and I feel they are willing to read/listen to (reasonable) user wishes/requests on future units, whatever "upgraded" name they wish to call them.----------Del

A different location of the headphone jack would be nice. I had to purchase a 90 degree adapter from Radio Shack just so I could put a rain cover on the machine . I use a rain cover all the time whether its raining or not so the elements like dust dirt scratches etc. aren't quite as harsh. Otherwise I couldn't use the rain cover because the headphone jack sticks straight out the side. Only other things I would request is a trigger pinpoint . Otherwise I love my G2 !

Headphone jack location SUCKS. I swing left-handed most of the time. But I do realize the G-2 was not designed for a coin/relic detector but since we've all got one then it would be nice for a few changes to accomodate the users. A lot of gold prospectors don't even use headphones just turn the volume wide open and dig. Now don't get me wrong my G-2 is not for sale. And they could make a nice padded carrying bag. I bet Dave would'nt like to see me pulling out my G-2 out of that nice pretty blue and red Minelab bag. But I protect my machines. HH :teknetics::minelab:

Well, The headphone jack is kind of a pain, maybe they could wire it thru the shaft and put it where the little plastic plug is under the arm cuff. And have the clear membrane over the LCD was a little thicker and no as flexible also..........Mark

Blue tooth a2dp wireless so I can buy off the shelf headphones or ear buds. That would only enhance the experience of using these great lightweight machines. I really wish FT would go to a trigger pinpoint switch across the model line like the T2 setup.

I bought a Z@gg protective film for an IPAD when they were on sale at Christmas. I cut that large piece of material into smaller sections that fit over my detector displays to help protect them from scratches. It occurred to me the other day the protective film could be used to add customized icons to displays. My GB Pro could easily have a dedicated screen overlay for relics, coins or whatever you want. Just have a few versions of the screen protectors included in the package that the consumer could install on their own.

morelic55 said:
Well, The headphone jack is kind of a pain, maybe they could wire it thru the shaft and put it where the little plastic plug is under the arm cuff. And have the clear membrane over the LCD was a little thicker and no as flexible also..........Mark

I worried myself to death about scratching the screen display, until I ordered and installed a screen saver. You can cut from these enough to cover 4 detector screens.

Screen Saver

hershey1 said:
Headphone jack location SUCKS. I swing left-handed most of the time.

Take the little Velcro thingy that they give you to secure the coil cable and use it instead to secure the headphone cable. I attach my headphone cable on the bottom of the rod between the control box and the padded handle. It keeps the cable out of the way and it also works great when you switch hands.:)

On the G2,

1. In All Metal mode have the option of showing either the Ground Phase or Target ID or even better, both.

2. Depth to at least equal the Omega.

3. Trigger Pin Point.

4. When in All Metal have the flashing bars above the arc to at least equal the distance when in Disc. Mode, but if both, the Target ID and Ground Phase were displayed, then no need for the flashing bars in AM. For instance, when in All Metal with the 5" coil I can only get 4 1/2 - 5" Max on a in ground target but in Disc. Mode I can 7" to sometimes 7 1/2" in my soil.

5. A separate control for All Metal and Disc. Then maybe it could be done like the Tesoro's and Super Tuned and get more depth by enhancing audio.

6. Another coil in the 7" range.

7. A new coin machine somewhere in the 5+kHz to a max of 10 kHz range, but not have issues with EMI like the Omega and as quite as the G2..

hershey1 said:
And they could make a nice padded carrying bag. I bet Dave wouldn't like to see me pulling out my G-2 out of that nice pretty blue and red Minelab bag. But I protect my machines. HH :teknetics::minelab:

I make my own carrying bag for my detectors. I will snap a picture and put it out there.

Let me start off with I love my G2, and no plans for a sale either. Changes that I would like to be made, Maybe the headphone jack, Maybe. But the trigger for pin pointing a must. I would like a deeper unit but not a must. The ability to see between the iron without pushing a button or adjustment is nice. And I think some more or different coils, for the different hunting you can do with the G2. I think in all metal mode it would be nice to have a VDI numbers.

It would be nice to have a usb attached and be able to buy software downloads for upgrades to software. Also would like to see a switch for saturated and vco operation in disc mode for those of us that are hard of hearing. I would like to upgrade to a newer machine with the best performance but would miss the saturated audio of my version 2.

Here is a long shot. I think it would be really cool to have the time displayed. I have tried to find a tiny stick-on type that wouldn't get in the way or look stupid but I have not found one yet. I wind up having to wear my watch but that can get in the way by setting off the detector or pin-pointer when searching holes. I would love to be able to leave my watch in my car or at home.

I've two items.

On the all metal gold side I'd like to see a non-motion or static all metal mode with adjustable tuning added.

On the Disc side I'd like to see a reverse discrimination window added. Normal disc runs iron to silver, the reverse discrimination would dial down from silver to iron.

HH
Mike

OK...assuming we are keeping all the GREAT characteristics of the Gold Bug SE/Pro/G2 (super fast, super light, super quiet/stable, excellent VDI, etc.), then...

1. Yes, thicker screen material (it's much thicker/sturdier than on the F70, but even moreso would be nice);
2. Yes, move the speaker jack to the rear of the unit;
3. Yes, trigger pinpoint -- or at LEAST separate the pinpoint from the ground grab button (I hate having to switch to all-metals mode to ground grab);
4. Yes, VDI readout ability in all-metal, and the choice of either VDI readout OR ground phase, or else both, on the screen in all-metal;
5. Depth like the F70/F75/T2 machines;
6. Switchable frequency -- say 6-ish or whatever for silver, and the 19 for gold; this would make the machine a coin killer AND a gold hunter and relic hunter;

and then, finally, my DREAM --

6. Along with the ability to switch to the 6-ish kHz frequency, or the 19 kHz frequency, a third option -- the ability to run a "MULTI-FREQUENCY" mode -- to get a "ferrous" and "conductive" number, or something like that...

PLEASE, Fisher, PLEASE!!!! MULTI-FREQUENCY machine...SO much more information there, for discriminating and identifying targets...

Steve

It's time to answer my own question! (1) Do away with the 1/8" headphone jack and just have the 1/4" jack of which is installed at the back, in the shaft (in back of the arm cuff). (2) Trigger pinpoint/fast grab (3) Actual "real time" running depth guage in disc mode (for coin size targets).

Suppose they made a rain cover with a nice double thick hole for the plug to pass through and some little added feature to cover the plug ??

JimGilmore said:
Suppose they made a rain cover with a nice double thick hole for the plug to pass through and some little added feature to cover the plug ??
Jim----That's a good suggestion & thank you for it.-----My wife modded Explorer rain covers for our G2's about like that.---I understand the Xterra rain covers work well on the G2/GBSE also.------What I was thinking though---if the h.p. connector was at the back & in the end of the shaft behind the arm cuff---that would serve both left hand & right handed people much better.---Plus it would be out of the way from the control box and the h.p. cord wouldn't be hanging from it.---------Del