Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what a bummer!

gsmith

Well Thursday got a new at Max... Friday wife calls me on way home from work...her and granddaughters got home from school and someone kicked in front door...police searched the house...at first thought nothing was missing...then went and looked in bedroom closet...2 shotguns...still there.. laptop,mini iPad,coin collection...all still there...the only thing the SOBS took was my frickin new metal detector!...un believable!... didn't take the guns or anything else!...so if you live in the Wichita KS area l guess if you happen to see a brand new at Max on Craigslist please let me know...guess my season is over earlier than expected this year unless I get lucky and police recover it....

So sorry to hear this gsmith. Was the detector still in the shipping box or did you take it out? I am wondering if you know the serial number of the machine? That way we can be on the lookout. I find this break-in kind of strange. It seems if they knew exactly what their target was going into your house. After all, you had many things they could have taken along the way. Could be a "tip off" from someone that works for the delivery company? I just find this very strange they don't touch anything else in your house. Check the homes on your street and see if any of them have cameras on their house. Also talk to your close neighbors (if you have any) Might get a break. Keep us posted - Jim

I just want to be clear - the break-in took place on 11/09/2017?

gsmith said:
Well Thursday got a new at Max... Friday wife calls me on way home from work...her and granddaughters got home from school and someone kicked in front door...police searched the house...at first thought nothing was missing...then went and looked in bedroom closet...2 shotguns...still there.. laptop,mini iPad,coin collection...all still there...the only thing the SOBS took was my frickin new metal detector!...un believable!... didn't take the guns or anything else!...so if you live in the Wichita KS area l guess if you happen to see a brand new at Max on Craigslist please let me know...guess my season is over earlier than expected this year unless I get lucky and police recover it....

Oh man....that's terrible! I would suggest you get the serial number, and post it here and send it to all the sponsors (sellers) just in case someone wants to trade/sell it. Let Garrett know too in case someone sends it in, so they can nab it. I hope they get the thief and lock him up!

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?61,2330475

Maybe garrett will give U one for free. It would be good PR.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Solution: With sooo many lowlifes to invest in a good gun safe;detector safe,etc.--for a few hundred bucks you get peace of mind.