Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What a busted day

WoofWoof

Two of us with Deus' hunted a farm field that was on the retreat from Gettysburg today. We hunted hard for three hours each and got nothing, squat, zip, zilch, zero, etc.

As they say, you have to have your coil over a target to find it. There just might not have been anything there to find from the war . . . . did you get any targets? While you said the farm was on the retreat path, have you confirmed that to be the case?

I lived in PA for a while and hunted the Gettysburg area extensively in the 1980's and again whenever the family went up to see relatives that are still there - in fact I was there the weekend of 10/19 and got to do some hunting in your area. There are some areas where one side of the road produces yet within a stones throw on the other side, nothing!

Atlanta was the same - a cleared lot did not always mean finds and sometimes the fields would produce halfway across then nothing.

If you were picking up targets even newer ones, you know the unit is working. Now you need to get the coil over some keepers. The Deus picked up a few 3 ringers last weekend for me in an area that was littered with square nails from a barn that was torn down in the 1940's and that was on a farm about 8 miles from the battle on the retreat path.

See if you can overlay your farm onto one of the period battle maps and confirm you were in a retreat path. Beware of the historical markers as they are often put where people can see them and not where the actual action took place (I learned that the hard way over the years)

Andy Sabisch

Not uncommon. These routes have been hunted hard. I got out from time to time on the Retreat Route to Appomattox and some days are like the one you had but others can be amazing.

Don't get to down it happens have came home many days with no relics. Then you hit that one spot and it is Awsome. As a buddy of mine here in TN says some times chickens some times feathers.

Jason