Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What a great dime day!!!:wiggle:

zeekeys

Another nice hunt in the place I have been trying to finish up. Still have about 4 more hunts in this area and maybe I will start over again. 124 coins. I have 2982 coins for this year. Thanks for stopping by....Z

IB Yes that is why I didn't have 200? Just kidding. 124 was enough to get the old bones to say give us a break! It was overcast and getting hotter and hotter. I started to think about Ice cream bars/ popsicles. I knew I had to go home. I am surprised by the number of coins passed up because guys don't want to pick up pennies. Thanks for reply....Z

I know they miss a lot of dimes Z. Even with my 10" elliptical it is nearly impossible to tell the difference between the clad dime and the pre 1984 pennies. I can tell the zinc pretty well though especially if the are trashed thankfully. Can't buy much ice cream with a burnt out zincoln.:)------------HH Z--------------IB

The zinc has a very different sound than copper/dime signal. I run Tone@4H like the nickle to have a high tone. When 57-58 shows up it is pretty much toasted zinc but the indian head comes in there too. I have started to notch out zincs and in doing so I noticed that 68 number with jumping coin numbers could be a pocket spill? Change the settings or change the site you could have a slightly different reading to adjust to.......Z

I run the 4H tones as well Z. I have noticed though most of the time with the elliptical 10" a coin spill will be more high tones than a zinc will. I've seen badly corroded zinc false from a mid tone 57 all the way up to a quick 83 high tone beep, but only if I change my swing speed and angle. The other day I had a nice 91-93 over and over again in all directions and I tried my best to wish that dig up to a barber half but had to settle for 3 quarters, 2 stuck together and 1 by itself, 1 dime and 2 pre 1984 pennies. Not a mid tone anywhere in there. But that is just me with my coil.------------ OH!!!! and I'm Swiss also so your results may vary:rofl:-------------------IB

This dry dirt is really tough to work around here in wv, everyday has been up in the 90 degrees and no rain at all. My brother and myself went out a couple days ago and we hunted this wooded area and man was it hot, I think we found maybe 10 coins all together and no silver. Zee , you just keep pulling in those large #, I'm going to have to take some lessons from you.

IB: Most of the time I am down digging a target because it just seems like the right thing to do. I think it would be called impression or maybe intuition? It is the sound that attracts my attention. I am not much for looking at the face of the detector. It slows me up and I ain't to fast in the first place. And I don't move around the target checking for different numbers. By moving around and doing all the stuff that I read about what you guys do before a target is dug. I have the target dug and on to the next one before you guys are even down to dig it. I watch my hunting partner with his V3I analyzing the colors and numbers and turning and all. I almost always end up with many more coins than my partner. It is the way I hunt. There is no correct way, only options and opinions.

Stlill looking 52: It isn't magic. I have lived here for over 50 years. My job (bus driver) sent me all over the city. Each route would cover the same streets from one end of the city to the other end for 3-5 months. Than on to another route and do the same time thing for another 3-5 months but in a different part of the city. Guess what? I learned about the movement of city dwellers. As I used to call my job, stagnation personified. I would come in and no one said I was fired so I just kept showing up until retirement came knocking. Now I use all those skills???(if you could call it that) to think of different places to hunt.
Thanks guys and Happy Trails.....Z