Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What a great toy and tool

grunt0311

Just bought my first GPS from a friend. Its a Garmin 60CS. Went out with him as a teacher. I'm pretty good with map and compass but this is a whole new world. A little intimidating at first but within the first few miles i started getting the basics. We actually found a geocache hidden on the top of Peaked Mt. in Monson Ma. Total trip was only 5.7 miles but a wealth of information and i'll never be in the woods without one again. Learning to transfer all this info to my computer and then to a map for further review is next. Can't wait to start using this as a tool for my other obsession metal detecting.:usmc::thumbup:

hey coinnut, I won't ask how the detecting is going since I already know how hard the ground is. We should try and get together for a hunt when the weather allows. I'm really close to Hamden,..Butler rd.
Btw you wouldn't be retired fire dept would you? What are you using for a detector? I have a Whites DFX which is a great machine. And also just started using a Minelab ExplorerII also pretty good but heavy. Hope weather breaks soon...:usmc:

Hey Neighbour, Butler Road? So your the guy who hit all those sites above Crow Hill Road? Found 4 sites up there and they were hit pretty good. If it was you, ya did a good job!!!! I'm not retired F.D. I also use a DFX and have been with White's since Coinmaster V (1970'S). I know there are a couple of guys locally that hunt, but could never seem to meet up with them. As soon as the weather is better we can get together and try some local spots (even if they are already hit) to get the rust off, it's been a long time since I swung that DFX!!! Get in touch with me with a private message and we can get together earlier and compare finds. And yes the ground conditions are tough around here. Talk to you later. George

Hi coinnut,

I have hit Crow Hill rd more than once. I find coins or something up there just about everytime i go. Just found some sites on top of the mountain that look promising while geocaching Peaked Mt. I will be in touch via pm as soon as we get a thaw. I know a gal whos brother just retired from Hamden FD and does some metal detecting, thats why i asked.BTW my first detector was a Coinmaster 1971. It had one tone and hit anything metal. Had a lotta dirty knee jeans back then. Later Paul:usmc:

Hi Paul, I remember those days when my Bounty Hunter Outlaw responded to hot rocks and pull tabs better than a quarter, until I got the Coinmaster V Supreme. Must have dug 10,000 holes easily. Appreciate the good old DFX now more than ever. Can't wait for the weather to break and the ground to thaw, (although I have been known to chisel the ground in the winter sometimes). Let me know if you and (the retiree) want to get together and exchange stories and finds in case it turns out to be a long winter. See you later. - George