Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What a heart attack does to you

dfg4240

I was sitting at the kitchen table drinking a cup of coffee. I think I was watching something about Julius Caesar.
lets just say I was really relaxed and eating an egg salad sandwich along with drinking my coffee.
I started to get a funny, like numbing feeling in my left bicep.then a very very sharp pain that traveled up my arm very slowly and the into my neck up toward my jaw near the ear and then around to the front of my jaw.
.Then the scary part was it went through my neck again and started towards my chest and I thought it would go into my chest and kill me. the pain was really very sharp. I tried everything I could to ease the pain but it stayed very hard and very sharp.
I know you won't believe me but something happens to you. I was not afraid of dying at all. I knew there was nothing I could do about it. I was either going to die right there or try and hold on to make it.
My wife was there and tried to help me but there was nothing she could do for me and called the Ambulance. The pain was so great I had to kneel down and put my head against the floor.
when the
ambulance came they put me in and strapped me down and ran some tests. he said he thought it was an
angina attack which pissed me off because he was nonchalant about it. When we got to the U of R hospital they brought me in and the place was loaded and I was on the stretcher.
he talked to Admittence for awhile and I now he told them that he thought it was an Angina attack.he has been a driver for 23 years.
I stayed in emergency for 5 hrs before they took me and gave me an EKG. Thats how many people were in the Emergency room. They knew then that Really had a bad one.
I went through the scope procedure the next day and they found I had three big blockages. 99% 93% and 85% the other had 35%.
I was lucky my Doctor taught heart surgery at Harvard university. He came to see me and told me stints were out due to my diabetes II and I would have to have a triple Bypass.
There were two kidney transplants and a heart transplant ahead of me. Any way the surgery was successful . when I woke up I had the huge cut in my chest but also three tubes coming out of my chest draining into three containers under the bed.
At no time was I in any pain. I was there about a week before the Surgery and on blood thinners and other fluids. I had so much fluid in me my left leg where they took out some veins to do the surgery was Huge and entirely black and blue from my hip to half way down my shin. . I could not make a fist my hands they were so fat and swollen from liquid they had given me.I had a Catheter in me for urine drainage 7 times they took it out and changed it
I developed a urinary infection that they got rid of and sent me home and I went back with a bladder infection. They thought they had it and sent me home this time I got a high fever and violent shaking and went back in again. Turned out to be Sepsis stage 3 extreme. Most of the time you are dead when it reaches the stage. this time they got it right and sent me home with some medicine to get rid of the water still having the Catheter in me for 10 more days.
I was 226 lbs when I came home and 5 days later I was 189 lbs-thats how much water I got rid of.
I was home 12 days and broke my left leg in a fall down the stairs.
then in my right leg I had got a pain from a bakers disk about two weeks later.it is is a sharp pain behind the knee like a torn tendon.
Today I am healthy and free from any pain. I would like to say when something like that happens something comes over you.
You understand everything but you are not afraid at all because you know there is nothing you can do about it.
relax and enjoy life and try to be happy every day. Don't waste you time being mad at anybody for long. don't worry about problems time takes care of everything.
David G

So sorry to hear of your recent health issues, but Thank the Good Lord you are still here, better health wise, and given a second chance at life. Here's hoping you continue to improve more everyday. You and your family stay safe.

So sorry to hear of your recent health issues, but Thank the Good Lord you are still here, better health wise, and given a second chance at life. Here's hoping you continue to improve more everyday. You and your family stay safe.
Thanks Confetrit!
I appreciate it -I know it sounds corny but I think that this is a second chance for me and I think of all the wrongs I did in life and made a promise to myself to do the best I can.
Thankyou and happy hunting.
David

Ironic you were watching something about Julius Cesare. .. “Beware The Ides Of March”.. Ceasare was murdered in mid March... Very informative play by play description of the heart attack..so sorry you had to go through all that.. wish you good health in the future..take care...

So glad you're doing well. I pray you have good health and happiness for the future. When your eyes get opened to see things differently it changes everything. God Bless