Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What a story!

Hi folks. I have a couple hundred hours on my AT Pro. A buddy wanted a metal detector, so I suggested he get one just like mine, and he did :) Now, this guy has a place at the beach and my wife and I were down to visit he and his family. We started out one Saturday morning and found nothing on a part of the beach, and decided to go elsewhere, winding up at a little beach volleyball court that was empty of players. So my bud says hey, you take this side, I'll take that side, whoever gets the least $$$ value buys lunch. Ha!, I was popping coins like no tomorrow, all full of myself, blowing the sand off of 'em in a dramatic manner so he could see I hit another one, and another one. Poor guy, he had a penny to my two dollars or more. Then, I hit a silver ring and really bragged about that! Pretty obvious at that point who was buying lunch!

Well, two guys come over to him, one of 'em lost his Naval Academy graduation ring the night before. The guy that lost it was quite distraught. He came over on my side, and I told him if the coil on my machine passed over that ring that I'd definitely find it! Well, he left his contact info. with my pal, and we went on swinging, never finding that ring.

So we go to lunch with our wives, and KNOWING that ring to be gone forever, my buddy leaves that contact info. on the table at the restaurant, not thinking we'd ever need it again. We go about our business, and night time rolls around. It's 10 p.m. or so, and my friend wants to go back to the volleyball court. I told him I ain't going, too tired. He agreed, and suggested 5 a.m. in the morning. Once again, I said, "I ain't getting up at 5 a.m., I get up all week at 5 a.m., and I'm on vacation".

Well, he rolls out early next morning and heads down there to that same spot and sure enough along the back edge of that volleyball court, on HIS side, he hits that big fat gold Naval Academy ring :surprised:

7:30 a.m. finds him showing me some coins, all depressed you know, then he brings out that ring, holds it up to my face, and blows through that thing, just like I was doing to him the day before, you know, an 'IN YOUR FACE' kind of moment, haha, funny as all get out!

Well, the owners name is engraved inside that ring, and my friend and I, our wives, we're all sitting around Sunday morning, google this and google that to try and locate a contact for him. Indeed we did! He had not left the beach yet, and wound up coming over to pick up his ring. Kid you not, he was beside himself, near teary eyed, smiling ear to ear, and before leaving slapped my buddy with a nice $$$ reward in gratitude for finding his United States Naval Academy ring he had lost in the sand a few days before......PRICELESS!

BTW, looks like I owe my buddy lunch :laugh:

Awesome story!

Great story! :please:

Excellent story. Now, you don't want to hit a beach at 10:00 p.m. or 5 a.m.? Hmmm, you wouldn't be my buddy :)

aj

That will teach you to show off....Great story and glad you found his ring for him. I'd rather get up and detect at 5 am than late at night. The skeeters get mean in south, Ga about 4 pm and slack off early in the am around 5 or 6 unless you're in the woods.

Thanks for all the kind replies. We just had a grand time with this little endeavor.....can't tell you how good it felt to get that ring back to this man, it was quite a memorable event.

The AT pro has been a good first detector for me, currently fighting the itch to buy the next greatest and bestest detector I can afford.

Wandering Yoda said:
Awesome story ansehnlich1!!:clapping: I'd say maybe two lunches are in order:rofl:

Ha! You're funny. Crazy thing is, my friend there, he's all about sand, never was much for dirt diggin, I worked on changing his outlook on that right in his back yard :) Crazy guy was out there with one of those head/strap lights well after dark.....something wrong with him ya think? He's near as bad as me, we both have the detecting addiction pretty bad. I get some time I'll post up some pics of some of my stuff I've found so far.