Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What accessories?

My Deus purchase came with a voucher worth $100 toward accessories. What accessories do you folks think would be most useful? I figured extra coil clip, extra three way USB (for backups) and maybe a headphone adapter.

What else would be most useful?

Thanks for your opinions!

first I would suggest the Car Charger since it well of course you are out detecting a car charger may come in handy AND it also comes with the 3-way cable as well (it shows in the picture on their website it does ... can anyone please confirm this? ... http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/uk_accessoires_DEUS.php )

Along with the car charger (a must I think to make sure you don't run out of juice) I plan on getting .....

Headphone adapter for sure! (use on aftermarket phones)
Silicone Case for protection
coil clip (better to be safe then sorry in-case original breaks etc.)
coil hardware (just in-case, coils get beat around a lot you know)
and Armband (just for the heck of it to try it out I think)

And I tossed around the Emergency charger ... but I figured the car charger should be sufficient unless you hike to location then maybe the emergency charger would be beneficial for you.

I think all the stuff for emergency situations for charging and back-up charging and hardware should come first.

Thats what's on my list after I get mine.

The one accessory I never hear people getting is an extra coil cover, but I did, and I'll tell you why. I find that dirt gets into my coil cover fairly easily, and so I have to remove it in order to get rid of the dirt. The coil cover is not flimsy by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not hard to imagine that with use, wear and tear, age, etc. it could get brittle or crack. Have you ever REALLY looked at the coil charging set-up? The coil cover has the "guides" that hold the charging clip in the correct position to charge. No coil cover and you can't really charge the coil. I tried it as an experiment, and I could not get it to consistently keep a charging connection without the coil. I mean, I'm sure you could if you rig something up, or use some tape or something. But I figured I'd just get a spare coil cover.

By the way, I wouldn't bother with the car charger. You can get an USB automobile cigarette lighter adaptor for <$10 at a drugstore these days. Just plug in your extra 3 way cord, and you're all set. That's what I do at least.
Rich

samandnoah said:
The one accessory I never hear people getting is an extra coil cover, but I did, and I'll tell you why. I find that dirt gets into my coil cover fairly easily, and so I have to remove it in order to get rid of the dirt. The coil cover is not flimsy by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not hard to imagine that with use, wear and tear, age, etc. it could get brittle or crack. Have you ever REALLY looked at the coil charging set-up? The coil cover has the "guides" that hold the charging clip in the correct position to charge. No coil cover and you can't really charge the coil. I tried it as an experiment, and I could not get it to consistently keep a charging connection without the coil. I mean, I'm sure you could if you rig something up, or use some tape or something. But I figured I'd just get a spare coil cover.

By the way, I wouldn't bother with the car charger. You can get an USB automobile cigarette lighter adaptor for <$10 at a drugstore these days. Just plug in your extra 3 way cord, and you're all set. That's what I do at least.
Rich

GREAT IDEA!

So I wound up getting 1) protective case for wireless headphones, 2) coil cover, 3) coil charge clip, 4) emergency charger and 5) 3-way USB cable.

Thanks to all for the suggestions!

the three-way charger is worth its weight in gold if you ask me. Other than that, an extra changing clip is a good idea, along with a solar charger (available from XP) especially if you're in a remote area

So can anyone verify wether or not the Car Charger includes the 3-Way cable as well???

It shows on the XP website on the car charger picture a 3-way cable as well.

If this is the case it goes back to my first point to buy the car charger instead of the 3-way cable cause it's a couple bucks cheaper for one and you end up with the cable for cheaper plus the charger for basically free.

But of course if the 3-way cable does not come with the car charger then ya I agree the car charger is not worth it.

falconman515 said:
coil hardware (just in-case, coils get beat around a lot you know)

I wasn't aware of it when I ordered mine, but XP ships the Deus with a 2nd set of coil hardware in the box, so I guess you will have double backups!

falconman515 said:
So can anyone verify wether or not the Car Charger includes the 3-Way cable as well???

It shows on the XP website on the car charger picture a 3-way cable as well.

If this is the case it goes back to my first point to buy the car charger instead of the 3-way cable cause it's a couple bucks cheaper for one and you end up with the cable for cheaper plus the charger for basically free.

But of course if the 3-way cable does not come with the car charger then ya I agree the car charger is not worth it.

I wondered about that too, but since my Escape Hybrid has both AC and DC outlets, I just went with the three way USB.

I just got my Deus last week and it did not come with a back-up coil clip. Did I miss out or did Silver Simon get lucky?

Beez0404,
I think Simon is referring to the extra coil nut, bolt and washer.

Falconman515'
The car charger comes with a three way charging wire.