Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What am I doing wrong with my Master Hunter 7?

Thylacine

I recently acquired a Garrett Master Hunter 7 ADS and I am still getting used to it but no matter what I try I can't seem to make it detect small items like rings or small coins. It seems to work fine for large iron or aluminium items as well as larger coins (OZ coins) but the small stuff eludes it and this is with the items placed on the ground.

Will the Master Hunter 7 ADS ever be useful for searching out gold nuggets?

Also I noticed that search coil attachment is different on the new machines, Does anyone make modern coils for the Garrett Master Hunter 7 ADS? Can anyone point me in the right direction of an on line store?

I intend taking it to the beach this Sunday and doing a search after the sun lovers have left, I don't expect to find anything, last time I was there with a child's/hobby detector (which by the way will pick up small items 2" under ground (.22 case)) all I could find was bottle caps and prophylactic wrappers!

Thanks.

...Your Discrimination Dial may be set too high....reset the dial to zero....the farthest that I would recommend setting this dial is to set it to reject iron nails....use the TID meter to discriminate anything higher than the nail.........Good Luck .....JT

The ground balance procedure is important, then shift it to into auto all-metal or disc. You also may need to back off the sensitivity knob for bad ground.
And yes you can prospect with the ADS 7, it also finds black sand deposits very well.

HH

PennyFinder