Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are good headphones for CZ3D?

martygene

My "new" CZ3D is coming on Monday. Not a new one but a used one that is Tom tuned. What headphones seem to reproduce the CZ tones the best or doesn't it really matter? Have any of you tried using some sort of wireless setup? Maybe like the Garrett one or any other that can work? I have a Deus so I am used to being wire free and I know in time the wire is going to bother me. Thanks all

Dan-Pa. said:
I use 20 buck Calrads and work fine and last forever...not into wireless myself...

Dan. what are Calrads? googling gets me to some high tech electronic equiptment. thanks for the reply.

Search on Calrad 15-135 and you should find them. I've been using Koss QZ-99 headhones. They cut out a bit of the external noise. I'm not wireless either.

Everyone's ears/hearing is different. I like using headphones with my CZ that are high impedance. Troys, Sunrays, etc. I use my Black Widows on the beach in the Fall/Winter because they are great at keeping the noise level of the beach out. I don't have to be too aware of the surroundings there since there are no trees to fall on me and no snakes to worry about like in the woods !

I just got a Garrett Z-Lynk set up (without the wireless headphones) and tried it out on my CZ. Works pretty well. I can still use a pair of the high impedance headphones and thread the headphone wire under my shirt to the module so the cable is out of the way. Still, for the most part I like the direct hookup right into the unit when using my CZ but I hear ya about the wireless option. Having a Deus and Makro Multi with wireless really does spoil you.

I may spring for the actual Garrett wireless headphones that pair up with the Z-Lynk but not sure how they will sound.

I can tell you this. My Troys sound different than the Sunrays, which sound different than the Black Widows. There is a difference in pitch on each one. I tend to gravitate toward the Troys for the most part...possibly because I am used to them and use them the most and I like the way the high tone sounds on them the best.

Also, they don't have any swtiches on them. Just a volume knob for each ear. The Sunrays, Black Widows and even my Grey Ghosts have swtiches, which are either delimiter switches or a switch to allow use for different units. Not sure why some of them have that, but there were times when a switch was in the wrong setting and I keep wondering why I could not hear anything...then I remember about the switch.

Lastly....it's all about cost. Some headphones are expensive. Bottom line...even a $20 pair will sound fine on a CZ. As long as you can hear those tones, you are good to go ! I am a detector and headphone junky, hence the reason I have lots of units and lots of headphones.

If you are thinking of going high end in terms of possibly getting a pair such as Sunrays, etc. before you spend the money, I can ship you off a pair of Troys and Sunray Pros to try out. They do sound different (at least to me), on a CZ. Just ship them back the same way I ship..USPS priority.

therover: that is an incredibly kind offer. Thank you very much. I will let you know how I do with it when i get it tomorrow.