Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are the best spots to find old valuable coins ?

ToddB64

Hi All !
I guess the Post thread title explains well enough what I need.
Thanks for any suggestions.
ToddB64

Nothing has really changed... where people have a reason to be carrying them, activity, foliage and again; people. Do the research, get lucky and maybe you’ll stumble on a spot that hasn’t been hit yet.
I got lucky early in my detecting phase and just winged getting permission for a field. There ended up being some kind of early 1900’s picnic ground, maybe a railroad camp there, I’m really not sure but I scored a number of older silver coins there.

What do you consider old, valuable? Not joking as even coins that have a high value to collectors loose considerable of their value once they have been in the dirt. Most Collectors will not pay much at all for a coin that has been dug. If you send one to a grading place it will come back as being environmentally damaged. Coins are usually worth either face value or the value of the metal that they are made of. It is rare that someone finds a real valuable coin.