Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are your beliefs about metal detector? Old Tech VS New?

Modern milled high conductor coinage such as in the US is pretty easy found by old of modern detectors.
800+yr old very small low conductor coins in "iron laden" soil are a different story, and the onset of multi freq detectors running higher freqs is defo an advantage over older fixed low freq detectors.
She's a different ball game on Hammies!

I found this piece of Colonial Gold on a old iron loaded Plantation site that had been hammered for years. I was running the Deus in 54KH in a spot that had been beat..... Low KH machines will barely hit on top of the ground.. Updatable, Lightweight, now multi freq machines are the future of Detecting. Why anyone would want a single freq machine these days baffles me. Even Ole Monte is swinging 3 so called new tech multi machines from Garrett (apex).

Attachments

• DSCN0362.jpg
    DSCN0362.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 182
I found this piece of Colonial Gold on a old iron loaded Plantation site that had been hammered for years. I was running the Deus in 54KH in a spot that had been beat..... Low KH machines will barely hit on top of the ground.. Updatable, Lightweight, now multi freq machines are the future of Detecting. Why anyone would want a single freq machine these days baffles me. Even Ole Monte is swinging 3 so called new tech multi machines from Garrett
It's a lovely piece Cal.
I've had the same conversation many times, folk regurgitating the same 2nd hand info regards khz, remember, all these old self appointed "guru's" were shooting fish in a barrel back in the 70's, with lots of virgin ground and bucket loads of silver.
Different game nowadays, like Shania Twain sang, "arsenal's" of detectors don't impress me much.

Last edited:
Will the old tech keep up with the new? Will most detectors find 90 percent of what other detectors will find? How do you know? Metal Detecting Philosophies we all have them! How did you arrive at yours???
calabash digger, you say it so well.
Getting the best "mouse trap".
Metal detecting technology needed to and has evolved.
For me as well, getting a metal detector has only ever been about embracing the technology that can find the "good" buried metal objects in the punishing and worst soil condtions and in soil that and be kind to many detectors.
Some metal detectors just can't cut it no matter what.

david.di

Last edited:
I found this piece of Colonial Gold on a old iron loaded Plantation site that had been hammered for years. I was running the Deus in 54KH in a spot that had been beat..... Low KH machines will barely hit on top of the ground.. Updatable, Lightweight, now multi freq machines are the future of Detecting. Why anyone would want a single freq machine these days baffles me. Even Ole Monte is swinging 3 so called new tech multi machines from Garrett (apex).
I kept thinking simultaneous multi frequency was essentially a marketing ploy to make people spend more to obtain very little in return if anything. After swinging the Nox for about a month now, I am absolutely convinced I was wrong ! It has been a complete game changer for me in the places I like to hunt.

I found the same thing out very soon after I bought my equinox.

Coinhunters don’t want a hypersensitive machine with mediocre visual ID,,that’s great for you relic hunters but not for a coin hunter. Come on calabash,even you know better than to think high frequency machines are better on coins than low frequency machines... When you talk you group everyone into your style of hunting,relics..Not everyone is into the dig it all in a field scenario, park hunters need to be more selective,we can’t dig a million holes on everything that beeps and leave the turf looking like Swiss cheese...
Inexperienced detectorist buy new machines,,experienced detectorist find new places to hunt.

Woody
Why all the effort to try and make me look like I dont have a clue about detectors?

QUOTE Inexperienced detectorist buy new machines,,experienced detectorist find new places to hunt

Seems to me like you just called yourself a inexperienced detectorist because to my knowledge you have bought a new detector on every release...
This crap reminds me of the stuff I watched in the political arena for the last four years ( Discredit your opponent at any cost even to the point of making yourself look like a ........) 🤡

Coinhunters don’t want a hypersensitive machine with mediocre visual ID,,that’s great for you relic hunters but not for a coin hunter. Come on calabash,even you know better than to think high frequency machines are better on coins than low frequency machines... When you talk you group everyone into your style of hunting,relics..Not everyone is into the dig it all in a field scenario, park hunters need to be more selective,we can’t dig a million holes on everything that beeps and leave the turf looking like Swiss cheese...
Inexperienced detectorist buy new machines,,experienced detectorist find new places to hunt.
I think this shows your inexperience, by regurgitating what you have been told is true in reference to khz instead of educating yourself of the facts.
It isn't a fact that low khz is better for coins.

I think this shows your inexperience, by regurgitating what you have been told is true in reference to khz instead of educating yourself of the facts.
It isn't a fact that low khz is better for coins.
Worst uneducated guess I’ve read on any forum.Your definitely in the right place.

Woody
Why all the effort to try and make me look like I dont have a clue about detectors?

QUOTE Inexperienced detectorist buy new machines,,experienced detectorist find new places to hunt

Seems to me like you just called yourself a inexperienced detectorist because to my knowledge you have bought a new detector on every release...
This crap reminds me of the stuff I watched in the political arena for the last four years ( Discredit your opponent at any cost even to the point of making yourself look like a ........) 🤡
I own a lot of machines, been getting put on the list for the new releases before you bought your first machine,the At pro you bash so much.
But make no mistake,just because I own so many machines and use a lot, I still don’t buy the new releases to squeeze the last nickel out of a beat up park. I know enough to move on... And I don’t need anyone on you tube to teach me what’s good and what’s bad on the market,I know what works in my situation.. I also know everyone’s perception is different,geographically and mentally so I dont shove my opinions on anyone like they’re a fact... You’ve wore your own test garden out,you need to find somthing new to show your viewers.lmao

Like I said...🤡 ... you are still doing the same thing you were doing four years ago. Trolling me..... I made a video about people like you today...

Like I said...🤡 ... you are still doing the same thing you were doing four years ago. Trolling me..... I made a video about people like you today...
Ill be sure to watch it. Look at my join date, if I were here before you I can't be trolling. Don't get upset Calabash if we don't see things in the same perception, were two kinds of different style hunters.
I dont subscribe to any you tubers but if I did it would be digging with Britt cause she's easy to look at,,and it would be you,, so I could keep an eye on you and troll as you call me....lol.. Don't group me in with the guys that attack you cause that's not my style, nothing is that serious to do that to anyone. But I can disagree with you,you make that easy for me.

I am not going to get upset...This is the last post you will ever see me respond to you in. You better take a pic of it. My time is very valuable .....

Does the join date determine if I'm a troll or being trolled? Check mine date and see ;). Kidding aside I have experience in detecting, been doing it a long time, but people that started decades after me are better at it than me. Just the way thing work. Oh and I do buy alot of the new released detectors. Why? Well because part of the hobby that I enjoy is comparing detectors. I also enjoy other people making videos of comparing detectors. Ya know back when I was young I got kicked out of a bar for beating a guy in arm wrestling.. I had no idea it was a rule because it hurts peoples feelings when they lose and caused fights in ths bar. All of the bars had that rule .. I didn't even drink, I went to hustle pool ..so here we are some 30 or more years later and people still getting mad over hurt feelings. Lol. If the detector can't do something as good as another then buy a better one don't get mad. Or be happy you at least have one and can enjoy this awesome hobby.

Does the join date determine if I'm a troll or being trolled? Check mine date and see ;). Kidding aside I have experience in detecting, been doing it a long time, but people that started decades after me are better at it than me. Just the way thing work. Oh and I do buy alot of the new released detectors. Why? Well because part of the hobby that I enjoy is comparing detectors. I also enjoy other people making videos of comparing detectors. Ya know back when I was young I got kicked out of a bar for beating a guy in arm wrestling.. I had no idea it was a rule because it hurts peoples feelings when they lose and caused fights in ths bar. All of the bars had that rule .. I didn't even drink, I went to hustle pool ..so here we are some 30 or more years later and people still getting mad over hurt feelings. Lol. If the detector can't do something as good as another then buy a better one don't get mad. Or be happy you at least have one and can enjoy this awesome hobby.
Lots of good info here basstrackerman. But I got a question,who’s mad? I mean aside from the guy you beat at arm wrestling.lol..
Too much fun to take any of this serious,I would hope everyone could care less what anyone else uses,I don’t.. Ive been seeing some good machines coming out and some not so good machines coming out..Starter machines of today would have blew by flag ship machines 10 years ago. Heck, I wouldn’t lie to myself and think any different.
I took a simplex and a Deus field hunting. Flagged with the Deus for an hour and came back with the simplex. Just my opinion but after that day I wouldn’t over pay for a Deus again if I wanted a field machine....Simplex tore every target apart with no fuss or muss of endless settings..To each his own,we all got our own mindset.

Lots of good info here basstrackerman. But I got a question,who’s mad? I mean aside from the guy you beat at arm wrestling.lol..
Too much fun to take any of this serious,I would hope everyone could care less what anyone else uses,I don’t.. Ive been seeing some good machines coming out and some not so good machines coming out..Starter machines of today would have blew by flag ship machines 10 years ago. Heck, I wouldn’t lie to myself and think any different.
I took a simplex and a Deus field hunting. Flagged with the Deus for an hour and came back with the simplex. Just my opinion but after that day I wouldn’t over pay for a Deus again if I wanted a field machine....Simplex tore every target apart with no fuss or muss of endless settings..To each his own,we all got our own mindset.
Yeah the simplex is pretty sweet for a low cost detector. It actually has alot of the deus inside it. Park 1= deep park 2= fast and field = pitch mode. Also uses same shaped shaft. The simplex lower rod fits in the deus . I have the deus 2 on order. Since I live on the Gulf Coast and didnt want to dunk my equinox I will try a deus 2. I compared the deus and simplex in a few areas and the simplex did well but did fall behind overall but wow for $238 it's a beast.

I am not going to get upset...This is the last post you will ever see me respond to you in. You better take a pic of it. My time is very valuable .....
What in the hell would you get upset over? Because I call bullshit on half of what you say? And your time is valuable? With all the YouTube videos you throw up about absolutely nothing? LMAO...Please tell me that was a joke...
You southerners sure are thin skinned,no wonder why the country is the way it is..Your better off on YouTube blocking comments cause buddy you’d have a thousand of me on there calling you out on the bullshit... Your ok with me calabash,it’s your mouth I have a problem with

Last edited: