Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are your different coin ratios?

mrdestructo

I've been reading some posts stating their silver to copper ratio and copper to clad ratio. Well, I was curious on whats the ratio of total coins found and older coins (1958 and older on cents, 1959 and older on nickels and 1964 and older on dimes, quarters and halves) So I got my log sheet out of all the coins I've found over the past 8 yrs. Now I don't MD alot and when I do, it is usually at houses and such; rarely beaches or parks since I don't live near a beach and almost all the parks around here are posted no MDing. So my total was 813 total. I've kept 54 total coins. 43 being US and 11 being tokens and foreign. And out of the 43 US, I have 9 silver. With those numbers my Total to keep ratio is almost 16 to 1 and if you exclude the tokens and foreign then it is almost 14 to 1. The silver coins to total is around 90 to 1 but the silver to kept coins is 7 to 1 and if you exclude the tokens and foreign then it is 5.5 to 1. Now I've been also keeping 1959 cents since it was the first year of the memorial pennies. So if you include the 1959 memorials than the total is 61 total kept, 50 US and 11 Other. The numbers change a little to total in all to total kept is 19 to 1, excluding tokens, etc. is 15 to 1. Now the total kept to the silver count would be 6 to 1 and US older to silver would be 5 to 1. So in all, my copper to silver is 5 to 1 and my older coins to total coins is 19 to 1. In saying all that I'm curious in what everyone ese's ratios are?