Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are your expectations of a Garrett retailer?

david bull

I'm interested in opening a detector and accessory brick and mortar type retail store.What would you expect from a local retailer?I have owned and operated several businesses in the past and understand the business end pretty well.Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the businesses that I have opened in the past were based on the lack of service in my area.For instance,my car broke down on a Saturday afternoon and all the parts houses were closed=opened a parts house with extended hours.Moved to a new town and went to look for something to cook for breakfast on a Sunday morning and found nothing available=opened convenience store.More recently went in search of a Garrett Propointer(or a dealer) and found two boarded up buildings(ended up buying online) so I can visualize an opportunity.

If you are in a good location where you'll get enough people coming through, I could see it as a store-front business. Might be hard as a stand alone store unless you offer a wide spectrum of brands for people to look at and get the feel of. Floor models for people to hold is a must. Lots of accessories and books would help, and a pile of expected spare parts (battery holders and doors, coil bolts). Knowing how to program what you sell is a big thing too. A local dealer here with another brand carries a nice supply of equipment, and a buddy of mine bought one, but the dealer knows nothing on the programming. My buddy had to figure it out himself and now the dealer what's my buddy to come in and teach him.
Understanding user problems and explaining them - customer service.

John

[size=large]knowing what the manufactorer wants you to carry might put a halt to the idea. i got the feeling garrett asks too much of dealers. it's the reason i've been given as to why they don't carry a lot of floor samples. as opposed to other brands. haven't found any dealer who carries only one brand.

HH[/size]

seems as I havent owned a garret yet I would love to Try before you buy......Im undecided between the ace350 and the ATPro.......only been detecting for just over a year with cheaper brands.

Sounds like you got a knack...maybe become a "certified repair center" if thats possible, or get into the security wand end of the Garrett business too..sell the heck out of them to the TSA. I know a guy who had problems with an electric trolling motor, got himself set up as a "repair center" and made a stinky fortune out of his garage at night. Good Luck!
now you got me thinking...
Mud