Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are your favorite coils for F75 & F70?

Druid

To those with some time in the field, what are your favorite coils for the F75 & F70 for:

1} General park/school ground type turf hunting, (moderate target/trash density)
2} Heavy modern trash
3} Iron littered old sites
4} Field/Relic hunting
5} Deep targets

Thanks,
Drew.

# 1......5 x 10 DD
# 2..... 5" DD or 6" concentric
# 3.....5" DD
# 4.....11 DD
# 5.....11 DD or 10" concentric

HH jim tn

The stock 11" is my main coil (it goes deep) I like the 5X10 DD in trash areas and in the woods.

1} General park/school ground type turf hunting, (moderate target/trash density)

Most parks I hunt are super trashy so snipers are my favorite.
The 5" Fisher coil worked great but I eventually switched to a Sharpshooter and just use that now.
Works as well or better than the Fisher and is shielded better so quieter and more stable.

2} Heavy modern trash

Same deal...snipers.

3} Iron littered old sites

Repetitive but again....snipers.
I actually learned to hunt in heavy iron using the 11" DD Fisher coil too but using small coils are much more efficient.

4} Field/Relic hunting

Bigger coils, 11" DD but I also have and use a larger Cors Cannon coil.

5} Deep targets

The bigger coils, but snipers on these things can get way deeper than you might think depending on ground cinditions.
If they were deep targets but hiding in sites with a ton of iron or trash I probably would still go with the Sharpshooter.

Let me add one...

6} Jewelry hunting

If I am seriously looking for jewelry I often go straight to the 10" Elliptical concentric.
Most F75 owners don't add this one to their arsenal and most F70 owners that got this one new were told to upgrade to the 11" DD...and they did.
There is a difference in the tones between this one and a DD when it comes to swinging over precious metals...the concentric is not only a different sound but it is sweeter, for lack of a better descriptor.
It goes plenty deep, works great in heavy iron and trash, too.

I like the 11" DD for the depth and ground coverage.
I like the 4" X 6" concentric for working trashier areas.
If I were to add another coil to my detector bag it would most likely be the Fisher 10" elliptical concentric
just for the better iron discrimination ability over the 11" DD with comparable depth.

MarkCZ

Can only address numbers 1 and 2.

#1 NEL sharpshooter without hesitation - It rarely comes off my machine.

#2 Fisher's 5"DD small white round coil