Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What co. makes the t-2, looks like a Whites?

looks like a m l to me. dd coil,bulge on coil(for tx circuit)and general shape of pod.

The "new" Teknetics name is a subsidiary of First Texas, the same parent company that owns and operates Bounty Hunter. They now have Dave Johnson on board as one of their lead engineers and designers, along with John Gardiner, both of whom were involved in the T-2 project. Dave has been responsible over the years for designing or being involved in the design of such machines as the LST, Diablo uMax, CZ series, 1200x series, Gold Bug I and II, GMT and MXT, among others, what many consider some of the best machines ever produced. After some experience with this new T-2, I can safely say that tradition continues. ;)

Ralph

My glasses must be dirty-because the T-2 does not look like a Whites to me-it looks totally unique, as no other detector can be mistaken for it..

The T-2 to me looks a little similiar to a Garrett but definitely not a Whites. Maybe it's the greenish color or the arm rest.

Checking History we find the following....

1. Whites was ahead of the technology years ago when this 1st happened.

2. 2 Engineers from Whites designed and came up with Target ID (VDI) and presented it to the MAN at white's. He decided since whites was already so far ahead of the competition in technology he did not want to use this at the time and put the info on the shelf to hold. The 2 engineers then resigned their postion at whites due to this and formed a company called Tenetics.

3. They were great at engineering and bad at business. Choosing to purchase another company which just so happens to now be Bounty Hunter not because they wanted bounty hunter they were really bad then but they wanted the bounty hunter merchandise contract that bounty hunter had with Montgomery Wards.

4. Needless to say they had'nt done their homework again since Wards had already decided not to renew the contract and to quit selling metal detectors.

5. Anyway that is how and why their are Tecnetics detectors now resurfacing for another go in the business end of it. This is why it appears to be a White's design or derivative of White's since these engineers used to work for white's.

6. White's detectors do very well at rejecting bottlecaps,screwcaps so I don't know what happened to the Tecnetics detectors in that regard maybe different engineers worked on the screwcap rejection at white's and these guys were'nt as well versed in that circuity...

Any way NOW you know the REST OF THE STORY.....

:)

....except that the two guys originally at White's that first formed Teknetics aren't the same two guys now at Teknetics under the parent company of Bounty Hunter, First Texas and designing the T-2. From what I've seen of the T-2, there is no physical or operational resemblence to any White's machine whatsoever other than the cursory "resemblence" that all metal detectors share in common. But since one of these engineers now at Teknetics also did work for Tesoro, Fisher, Whites, Troy, etc., I guess we could say that this ring around the rosey makes all the poseys related to some extent ? ;)

Ralph

I keep expecting "Robbie the Robot" to step out somewhere holding one.