Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What coil for a V3i

Tommy Boy

Hey guys, I just picked up a like new V3i with the stock 10" D2 coil. I did the factory reset on it and it works great. I live in NW Arkansas and the soil mineralization is pretty low and very low EMI. I would like to get a smaller coil for the V3i and was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions.

Is the Detech Ultimate 7 better than the Whites 6x10

Thanks

Tom

I like the 6x9 whites on all my whites machines especially in the trashy parks that I hunt . It has good separation, decent depth and pinpoints great .

Hey guys, I just picked up a like new V3i with the stock 10" D2 coil. I did the factory reset on it and it works great. I live in NW Arkansas and the soil mineralization is pretty low and very low EMI. I would like to get a smaller coil for the V3i and was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions.

Thanks

Tom
I highly recommend the Detech 8x6 coil, and then the Detech 10x12, to replace the D2 Whites 10" coil. My original Whites 6x10 still sits in the corner here 10 years later. My D2 lost null fairly quickly

I still own a BARELY used, dusty Detech U13. The U13 never did anything for me. The best coils fir the V3i IMO is the Detech 8x6, Detech 10x12 and the Whites 4x6 coil. I have no idea about the Ultimate 7.

Curious...where in NW Arkansas are you from? I have family in Siloam Springs.

I highly recommend the Detech 8x6 coil, and then the Detech 10x12, to replace the D2 Whites 10" coil. My original Whites 6x10 still sits in the corner here 10 years later. My D2 lost null fairly quickly

I still own a BARELY used, dusty Detech U13. The U13 never did anything for me. The best coils fir the V3i IMO is the Detech 8x6, Detech 10x12 and the Whites 4x6 coil. I have no idea about the Ultimate 7.

Curious...where in NW Arkansas are you from? I have family in Siloam Springs.
Thanks for the reply, good info, I have been reading a lot of positive info on the Detech coils

Be sure to check the V-null on the 10" you have now. It should pass at full sensitivity of 15 at least. Whites originally said it should pass at 15 with Turbo turned on, then changed it to just 15 w/o Turbo. My Detech 8x6 coil passes on full 15 AND also with Turbo turned on.

Thanks

Tom
The 6x10DD Eclipse made by White's is the best coil White's made, hands down. But the Ultimate 7"DD made by Detech is way far better. It is a great little critter with superb separation but way deeper than the 6x10. The 8x6 SEF Butterfly and the 7" Ultimate are equal in my eyes. Keep in mind that there is a 9" Ultimate made by Detech which I like for all day hunting on all my White's detectors.

Happy Hunting & Have Fun

Hi, thanks for the info, I looked at the Detech 8x6, but I could not find one that was made for the V3i.

I did find a seller that had a Detech 7" Ultimate that was made specifically not the Whites V3i. I bought the last one that they had for sale, I hope it arrives in the next two weeks.

Hi, thanks for the info, I looked at the Detech 8x6, but I could not find one that was made for the V3i.

I did find a seller that had a Detech 7" Ultimate that was made specifically not the Whites V3i. I bought the last one that they had for sale, I hope it arrives in the next two weeks.
Hopefully it was made especially for the Spectra series, so you can use it on all White's detectors which use the Eclipse coils.

7inch Ultimate.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF3342.JPG
    DSCF3342.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 35