Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Coil For Ghost Towns w/AT PRO?

Lenmcgold

Searching Ghost Towns/Mining Camps with lots of rusty iron/tin/steel. I have 8x11 DD coil, 5x8 DD and 4 1/2" Super Sniper Coils. Suggestions on which one or ones to use appreciated. Thanks Len Mc

Most here will tell you that a smaller coil is what you should use if its really junky...However me personally I would still rather use the 8x11 because you can cover more ground & most of all its a heavier coil therefore it will go through the groundcover easier....Just my 2 cents & I Hope this helps

Hello Lenmcgold,

Kayden has already responded. He hunts with the AT PRO almost exclusively. I belive that it is about the best all around detector that you can have.

More than the size of the coil; I believe that you need to know what your detector is telling you both with the numbers and the tones. You'll know whether your target is iron, lead or silver intuitively once you've become experienced with it.

Hey Kayden....can you post the AT PRO numbers here?

Thanks

H.Charles

Hi Len,
I hunt mostly ghost towns, gold camps and early home sites here in NM and have both the AT Pro and AT Gold. I don't have the sniper coil, but I can say that the 5x8 is nearly always on my detectors when I head out on a hunt. (see, ask two people and get two different answers, heh). My sites are absolutely sprayed with rotten iron from 1/8" to softball size. I like the target separation on the 5x8 and I have pretty good luck pulling good targets out of the middle of all that junk. It's really a personal preference, but I'd use the 5x8 in the traffic areas and trashy areas & use the big coil when scouting the surrounding areas. I've been using the 5x8 on both machines, and it's brought home gold over each of the last six weeks.
Best of luck & Let us know how you make out!