Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Coils Work With The Eagle II

jimz49

Recently picked up an old blue box Eagle II and would like to buy some additional coils. Back when this detector was state-of-art the coil selection was limited. I'm hoping that some of the newer coils being made will work with this old workhorse. So, my question is, which newer coils are the same frequency and will work with the Eagle II? I do have the 950 coil, but would like to find a smaller 6" or perhaps an elliptical coil.

The White's Bullseye 5.3 will work on your Eagle. It's about a 6" coil and White's also makes the 3"X 6" Blue Max Shooter coil for your detector. I've never been a fan of the Shooter as the depth isn't nearly as good as it should be. The 3"X 6" Eclipse for the newer detectors works much better but it won't work on your eagle. The 5.3 is an excellent coil.

The eagle 2 uses 6.59 khz coils that work on the xlt and some of the 6000 series detectors. That's a lot of coils, my favorite was the 800(8 in) blue max, which requires a slightly slower sweep speed and pinpoints on the xact spot of the object.

Guys, thanks much for the responses. I went to Whites' site to see if they had additional information regarding what is available in the 6.59khz freq. Appears that the 5.3, 4x6, 950 and a larger 1500 are the only coils that will work or are still available. I like the idea of a 4x6, but as was advised I'll look for the 5.3 to begin with.

I have an Eagle 1with a eagle 2 update chip in it.
Found out that the 950 coil will not work with my machine..
bummer:'(

I'm surprised that's the case. What frequency coil does the eagle 1 use? I always thought the original eagle 1 came with an 8" coil that was at 6.59 khz.