Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What detector model would one get for coins..

Elton

I like the read out digital on side and the read out on the hand grip..Is this the coin model ?? Or the gold model ??

What is the racer model being spoke of. ???

Who has one for coins and can give some details about performance ?? ..............

Hi Elton. The Makro Coin Finder CF77 has no display. The Nokta Velox One does not have a display. The Nokta Fors CoRe and Fors Gold both have a display on the side of the rear mounted unit and on the top of the handle.

www.makrodetector.com
noktadetectors.com

Is the Nokta Fors CoRe for coins....

The name CoRe is short for Coin and Relic. I haven't used one. I am waiting on the new Racer which seems to be very close in performance to the CoRe. Some advance models have been tested by Monte, Steve, Keith and others. Check out the video reviews on the web as well as the reviews for both models on this forum. Very impressive in a wide variety of conditions. I was considering one of the new Fisher F19s or F75 Ltd2 then held off when I heard about the Racer. I prefer the Racer display setup over the Fors CoRe but if you prefer the CoRe setup then you would be happy to know the price was recently reduced on those. At any price range these are looking real good as well as the company being really responsive to customers. Again just look at the threads on this forum and the way Nokta/Makro is paying attention to their customers. Plus the warranty is transferrable with a copy of the receipt.

yes, Elton. Read thru JFlynns posts. He is very successful with the core / small coil, for coins.

if you want to have extra visual display information and fingertip adjustments. Or, you can pick the FORS Coin & Relic, if you don't mind having your settings made and have little desire to change them often during a search as it does take just a little longer.

Pick the Racer, if you don't mind the adjustment settings that move a little slower, or the Coin & Relic if you want settings that scroll faster.

Then you might just want to pick the one that you think looks the best and has the balance and feel that suits you because the in-the-field performance is so close that either one will provide very good Coin Hunting results.

Elton said:
I like the read out digital on side and the read out on the hand grip..Is this the coin model ?? Or the gold model ??

What is the racer model being spoke of. ???

Who has one for coins and can give some details about performance ?? ........
Both the FORS CoRe and Racer have a standard search coil that is close to 7X11. They are slightly different shapes but close to this. Both provide very similar field performance and similar 'lock-on' qualities with Target ID, but one difference is that the Coin & Relic gives Coin Depths in centimeters, but the Racer can be set for either centimeters or inches. It is not all that big a deal, really, because hardly any Coin Depth read-out from any manufacturer is going to be real accurate, just close.

I really like the CoRe's hand-grip display as it keeps it simple and easily shows the important information [size=small](Target ID/Coin Depth/Ground Phase)[/size], and I like how it holds my primary settings in memory. The balance of this detector is surprisingly comfortable for most typical urban Coin Hunting tasks. It is because the FORS CoRe was so good that I was intrigued by the Makro Racer with its different physical design, yet very similar control functions and four search modes.

I also really like the Racer with it's very informative display and the thumb-reach [size=small](I'm right handed)[/size] control keys. It works for urban Coin Hunting as well, but I tend to grab it more often for rural sites that are brushier and more iron littered and confined. Either one, however, can be right at home for Coin Hunting or Relic Hunting, offering close-to-the-same performance and the same four search modes.

Pick which ever one pleases you, and I encourage you to also get the small 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] Double-D search coil to complement it. The stock 7X11'ish coil is fine for more open-area coverage, but in a trashy environment, brushy conditions, or hunting a vacant lot with old building rubble/debris, the smaller coil is quite impressive .... and depth with it is almost alarming!

Both models can be used for Gold Nugget Hunting or for Relic Hunting, and most certainly for Coin Hunting. Some of the best "All Purpose" detectors I have ever used. Just read back through this Nokta/Makro Forum and contact posters with questions you might have.

Monte

Monte, Tab, and bugg ..your the best !!