Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What detector to take to Hawaii

Any water detector would suffice. I would recommend a PI because there are 3 dozen or so metal detectorist out here in Waikiki.

Ken

I will be taking my infinium as well. But am also considering taking my X-Terra 50 for its light weight and ease of packing. P.S. I am going to Maui, so I hope I won't be on anyones turf.

Aloha, Im a Maui Excal guy. Maui is so nice hope you have a great time. Alooooooooooooooooooooohaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :)

Don't worry about people detecting in the areas you might be in. Here in Hawaii everyone is cool except for one person out at Waikiki. I had a confrontation with him a couple of years ago, and told him if he hits my detector one more time, i'm going to shove my scoop........well you can imagine what i told him. Other than this guy, everyone is awesome and cool.

Ken

I'm in the ka'anapali area. Where are you staying? The island is for everyone to share. It's part of the aloha spirit. Just remember: finders keepers, loosers weepers. (just kidding)

We'll be in the same area. Maybe we can set up a time to meet or go on a hunt (or have a beer). I have a post on the friendly metal detecting forum, and one guy sent me a picture of a good place to hunt. Check it out and maybe we can make a trip there. Thanks for responding, and it's nice to know that the M.D.'s in the Aloha State aren't overprotective of their turf. Wolf.