Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What did I do to my Anfibio?

Scottowl

I usually run it in 3 tone because 4 tone was way too chatty for me. I normally use it in parks and school yards.

I had enough of having the different modes available without utilizing them, so I did a little reading, then some playing around.

I notched out 97-99, and it made a noticeable difference. However, it still was nonstop beeping and squawking.

Next I notched out 0-12. What a difference! It really started behaving. I would still get the jumpy signals, but the background noise dropped off dramatically.
However, I am curious as to what I really did. Is this the same as setting disc to 12, then notching out the high numbers?

I have ran disc as high as 15 before, without the good result I got by notching numbers. I might add that I started with gain of 70, and bumped it all the way to 85 without it going berserk. Ground balancing in my native soil produces a reading of 78-80.
What did I really do here?

I’m not familiar with the Anfibio but most detectors that I have used will become unstable when the gain is set to high, especially many of the models on the market. I usually start out low on the gain with little to no numbers notched out, start running the gain up until the detector becomes unstable, then bump the gain down a click or two until it calms down.

Lets hear from someone that Has experience with this detector.

After my several hundred hours on the kruzer I would say that your simply eliminating the slots where interference comes in most. I used the same technique on my Omega 8000 to combat EMI.
I’d rather use iron volume and notch to quiet the machine than disc or too low of gain. JMO.
sounds like your getting to know your machine in your soil!!
One important thing about these machines is that, in 3 tone, when the gain goes over 90, each number over 90 is a substantial increase in gain. Gain 94 was my sweet spot for deeper stuff. Disc 0. Iron volume up. No notches. Like you, I never used any other modes but 3 tone really. 2 tone once in a while. Never 4 tone. If I had the Fib I would sure be using 5 tone the most.
I still believe that 3 tone 89 gain is gods gift when using these machines. They really shine in the shallow (surface-5”) unmasking department.

While I knew about 3 tone, 89 gain being very good in the trash, especially with that 7" coil, I did not realize the jump in gain after it. For some reason the Anfibio likes 91.

I also have a Kruzer. I wanted the new Anfibio coil for it, and waterproof headphones. There was a good used Anfibio deal come along, so I went for it. The Kruzer is a very good machine. I did not give it enough time.

My next coil will be the 5" DD.

While I knew about 3 tone, 89 gain being very good in the trash, especially with that 7" coil, I did not realize the jump in gain after it. For some reason the Anfibio likes 91.

I also have a Kruzer. I wanted the new Anfibio coil for it, and waterproof headphones. There was a good used Anfibio deal come along, so I went for it. The Kruzer is a very good machine. I did not give it enough time.

My next coil will be the 5" DD.
I really like the 5” in 5khz operation. The kruzer is good, but there is no denying that there is something else in the anfibio that makes it more stable and less affected by EMI. Tested beside the kruzer on numerous sites. Always the case. The simplex is more stable as well.

I just got a Anfibio and I am trying to research and learn as much as I can about it. I have the stock and 7" concentric coil. So far I am liking the 99 tone option.