Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What differences is there? between Explorer 2 vs Se Pro?

ironman05

i need input on deciding what to buy . for $500 a minelab ex 2 or $725 for a Se Pro? please help with your experiences thanks

i had a exp xs and my buddie uses a exp-2. i now have have an se, i dont see that much of a difference between them to justifly the price difference, the se has a few more options then the others but the difference in proformance is not that noticable, if i was to do it again i would jave kept my xs and saved up till i could have moved into a etrac. any of the exp were good machines ,only downside is that minelab doesn't repair them anymore if they break, personally i wouldn't pay over $300 for the exp-2 unless it was in mint condition.I picked my se up for $600 and it was mint..JMHO

I believe the SE has the faster processor. Personally, I bought an Etrac, but it sits in the closet as I use my Exp 2 exclusively.

D&P-OR said:
Why?
amc rulz said:
I believe the SE has the faster processor. Personally, I bought an Etrac, but it sits in the closet as I use my Exp 2 exclusively.
Because, as time and technology progress, microprocessors become faster. My exp 2 has the depth advantage over my etrac. I've made comparisons using a second etrac setup identically to the first.

My exp 2 has the depth advantage over my etrac. I've made comparisons using a second etrac setup identically to the first.

So, your Exp 2 with a 10" coil goes deeper than the E-Trac with an 11" coil? Just asking!

Southwind said:
My exp 2 has the depth advantage over my etrac. I've made comparisons using a second etrac setup identically to the first.

So, your Exp 2 with a 10" coil goes deeper than the E-Trac with an 11" coil? Just asking!
My Exp 2 w/10X12 SEF gets better depth than the etrac w/either the 10X12 SEF or the 11" pro coil installed.

Here is a copy and paste and did from a while back on the Explorer Classroom.

Most notable differences between the XS-II and the SE Pro are:
1. "VCO Pinpoint" (tone increases as you get over the target)
2. Target ID in PP mode
3 Larger option in Iron-Mask settings. IM was wide open at -16 on the XS-II
4. "Pitch Hold" The Threshold retains the pitch of the last detected target until the next signal is located.
5. Instead of what most refer to as the 10" DD coil on the XS-II the SE Pro has the Pro coil. The SE is an SE-Pro without the Pro Coil fwiw.
6. SE-Pro has 3rd Generation processor (for quicker target response ID on the screen). Use your ears to determine what you dig then the screen as a reference.
7. The SE is Black and does not show the dirt as bad. :rofl: :laugh:

There are a few more subtle differences. Hope I helped. :cheers:

I Use The XS with the Ultimate 13" DD And It does Excellent, Tried putting the 10x12 sef on there on there and it wasn't as nearly stable as the u13 DD.