Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WHAT DO YO GUYS DO WITH

crackerjuan

THE PENNIES THAT HAVE SAND AND CORROSION ?, CAN YOU TURN THEM INTO THE BANK ? ARE THEY WORTH CLEANING UP ?, THIS WAS TODAYS HAUL (4 CENTS) FOR ME BUT THE BEACH @ SIMMONS PARK HAS A LOT LESS PULL TABS AND RUSTY NAILS FOR LITTLE KIDS TO GET HURT ON THANKS TO THE MINIPULSE

Coinstar won't even take them!! No I just put them in a container. I have tried to stuff a bunch in the coinstar machine but it only took a few!! Won't try that again!!

tumbles the lot of them and saves all for a donation. Our charity is a Chicago, burn camp for children.
We manage about $2500.-$3000. a year. That happens to be what it takes for 1 child 1 week of camp.
This is a Chicago Fire Fighters program and our President is a Chicago Fireman.

I take mine out to the flower boxes in the back yard. I lightly tap them with a hammer and knock off the corrosion and scrape them on the concrete to knock off the fine stuff. Banks return coin currency to the mint, for evaluation. After rinsing my coins, I dump them into the coin machine at my credit union. Yesterday it rejected all the corroded pennies though. I will roll them up and deposit them into my account. They are still legal currency and you WORKED HARD FOR THEM, you may as well get paid for them, RIGHT? OBTW, sometimes when I hammer off the corrosion on heavily corroded coins, they come apart, but I very rarely lose one that way, savvy? If you roll them and deposit them, there should be no issue, they are legal tender, get paid!

clean them up real good and then put them in the cash register at work. I do all the coins that way and we haven't had to get change for our store for a very long time.

I put them back into the hole and cover them up. I don't like messing with them but know others who do so I leave them for the others. Of course, I wind up digging some of them up again next time around but it doesn't bother me.
Jerry

the us mint will buy them but it needs 181 for a pound and you only get like a 1.40 for it. But heres the catch you have to fillout paperwork to be a vendor and then u guessed it. pay tax because it's income. gotta love the government. So just keep doing what your doing. Me i tumble them and them and then roll them a few at a time.