Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what do you guy's think i should buy ?

crackerjuan

i live in tampa fl area and im going to go to water hunt @ the beach's i do some inland but not really , i need advice on wich detector to buy for area im in , i had a eric forster mini pulse that i sold it found everything but small gold , i want to find small gold like thin chains and bracelets @ the beach's was thinking about a sand shark or tigershark i dont have alot of money right around $500, thanks john , and if someone has a good used one thats fairly new with no kinks in it or problems let me know

Not many machines are going to find the thin stuff... personally I prefer the big heavy gold but to each their own ;)

They say the Tereso machines like the thin stuff ;)

The garret infinite will hit good on chains, you should be able to pick up a used one for around $600

me too, i found 2 1/2 oz 14k bracelet couple yrs. ago & ive been hooked ever since, then my health got reel bad but i need to get out and live no matter how bad it hurts , metal detecting is perfect when i get tired i can just stop and soak up them rays

theirs one on ebay right now with one bid im watching looks like it was well taken care of , are they hevy to swing after a while ?

Sand Shark misses the very fine chains too, although is a little better at hitting thinner links than the CZ's I have. Both the Sand Shark and the CZ's will hit some small to medium link sizes and up. On some of the thinner chains, sometimes the clasp gets detected when the chain itself will not.

if your looking for small gold and hunt dry sand you might try a fisher gold bug as it will find small gold and even stud earrings, chains are tuff to find as thay don't give a great signal as the links are small so unless its knotted up or has a pendent on it good luck(i know thay can be found) i have a cz21 and haven't found much in the way of chains a few but most had pendents on them hope this helps

found this broken piece of necklace about an inch long very very fine about 3in's down took me a bit of scratching around but there it was so fine took me awhile to realize what it was whites DF PI so while it wasn't worth anything its showing up gave me great confidence in this machine and i will keep an eye out for a nice gold one :detecting: it had no clasps just chain impressive!

just to confuse the matter even more so very hard making a decision what to buy i know when i make a choice i think about it then do some more research and be sure about what its for that helps!!

gold bug pro 11in coil is great machine dry sand mostly will work in wet but i think its loses a lot of depth, have found small gold earings with it. loves coins coin hound anything round :)

anyway that's my 2 bobs worth i sure am no expert but i know what i have seen in a short period.

The Tiger Shark will find small gold and chains in the dry sand when set in the normal mode. In the salt mode it is not sensitive to small gold. You may want to consider getting it with the larger search coil if you will be doing a lot of dry beach hunting. ~John

wet sand,,buy a minelab sovereign,,,,inland buy a gold machine ,gmt,,scorpion,,,gold bug,,,there are a few,,,,thats about it,,rgds