Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What do you like best about the GTI 2500...?

landman

Some would consider this to be old technology since it's inception 15 years ago. However after owning one several times through the years what I like best about the unit is it's ability to give us more visual information. especially the size of the object. Sort of like seeing beneath the soil.. What do you like best? What do you not like?

I like in all metal mode it ID's...got one of the deepest barber dimes ever with this mode...was easily a foot deep and ID was a dime right on the button.

I don't like its too darn boxy and that talk feature reminds of being home with the wife...a mans deep bass voice would be appreciated...

I like everything about it and I find the weight is not an issue for me. The two main features are the imaging and the true all metal with ID active. This really goes deep and is accurate. The pinpoint with the concentric imaging coils is dead center. I like the fact it won't tip over when set on the ground and I have my headphones on and I stand up. The headphone cord stretches but the detector stays anchored to the ground.

I sold my old treasure talk 2500 and bought a 2015 used 2500 PRO that does not have the treasure talk. The recovery is plenty fast enough and I like the imaging. I went out today and dug every signal. The imaging was amazingly accurate. You will learn when not to trust it. Sometimes the imaging will show differently when the coil is swept from different directions. If there is more than one object the imaging may be off and show a larger target. Using Zero Discriminate will let you know you have different metals in close proximity. I have started digging coins in these mixed signals. I did this today with a copper penny next to can slaw. The copper penny ID'd in the zinc area.

I have owned a lot of detectors including Minelab Explorers II and SE, XTerra, Sovereign XS and GT, Musketeer Advantage, Whites 5900, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett ACE 250, Compass Coin Scanner Pro, and Compass X-70. So far the GTI 2500 is my favorite.

I do wish Garrett would make a 7 or 8 inch imaging coil though. Something just slightly smaller would be killer for high trash areas.

I still use my 15 year old GTI 2500. It has never given me a problem.I like the imaging feature the best. It is pretty accurate. I am a clad hunter, but I do occasionally, find a little silver. I find the depth to be accurate most of the time. When this thing quits, I will probably invest in a new gti 2500 or something with an imaging feature.