Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What does 333 mean on a ring?

Bence

The first ring I ever found at the beach is marked 333 on both top and bottom ( it looks as though it's two rings joined together), it has some hallmark next to the numbers (flower looking) but I could not find out what they mean from any website... what might this mean? It reads ferr 08 con 13 on my explorer se, it looks rough in colour consistency and it's not as yellow as 9ct I would say, probably has more copper in it.

I apologise, I don't have a digital camera.

That would be very interesting. You guys in the US seem to have different % of gold in your rings, a lot of 10k and 14k's. We don't get that in Australia (as much?), you say you never see under 10k, though there are several 9k's here. I've personaly never seen under 9k!

We get mainly 9k's, 18k's and 22k's.

here in the uk nearly everything is 9k. but i have heard of lower grade gold items brought back from eastern europe

8k gold is rare and seldom seen, thank goodness. I get the occassional 9k (British minimum standard and Bermuda is still a British Protectorate). 10k is the minimum standard allowed in the U.S.A. and for most of the world actually.

Kewl,

BDA:cool:

I know, I know. It means that ring is only half evil. If it was full evil it would be 666. I would throw it back!!

Actually, it's two rings joined together, both have 333 written on it:usaa:

Come on, everyone's finding christian jewelry, surely a ring from satan is a rare find?

Hi All

333 is typical for Germany, I dont like it because I find a lot of it in Germany
it doesn't even look like gold when you find it.
Kind regarts from Holland
Gerrit

Thanks for that krokdundee, now I'm pretty sure it's 8k, this too doesn't really look like gold, it looks like copper, so I previously thought there's not much gold or no gold in it at all.

[size=medium]If you go to my web site at the link below you will see I have a chart about half way down the page that shows the Decimal Equivalents of Karats which will tell you what type of gold you found. You may want to bookmark the page for future use. Happy Hunting !!!

http://64.235.35.226/bgmding/index.html

Mat in MA said:
[size=medium]If you go to my web site at the link below you will see I have a chart about half way down the page that shows the Decimal Equivalents of Karats which will tell you what type of gold you found. You may want to bookmark the page for future use. Happy Hunting !!!

http://64.235.35.226/bgmding/index.html

If things keep going same way , very soon we`ll witness 6K gold, 4K gold, 2K gold.

Cool! I love our Lehman/Merrill/Fed magicians! :stars:

333 is 8K. It is a recognized (authorized) standard in both Germany and Italy. Although all that I have found I'm pretty sure was German. Don't send it in to Midwest Refineries as anything under 9K they treat as and pay scrap as silver. And I'm not saying anything bad about Midwest Refineries, I like doing business with them; but you should be aware of the rules.