Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Fisher Model F75 is the Best for Overall Performance?

silverseeker 2

Hello All, Been thinking about adding an F75 to the Arsenal.
Have never used one but my partner used to use one
before he moved away. He always had good luck with his.
So if I purchase one, you guys who use the F75, which Model do you SUGGEST!!! Thanks for all replies...
silverseeker 2

I still have a F 75 LTD DST, but if buying another I would go for the F 75 multi purpose. It is the basic F 75 it appears. I never use the DST on mine, but those that come with the boost mode I did find the mode beneficial when woods hunting and couldn't keep the coil skimming the ground. The boost mode gives some added depth and excels when having to swing the coil a few inches about the brush. The 5 x 10 coil is great for woods hunting conditions, too. HH Jim Tn

I still have a F 75 LTD DST, but if buying another I would go for the F 75 multi purpose. It is the basic F 75 it appears. I never use the DST on mine, but those that come with the boost mode I did find the mode beneficial when woods hunting and couldn't keep the coil skimming the ground. The boost mode gives some added depth and excels when having to swing the coil a few inches about the brush. The 5 x 10 coil is great for woods hunting conditions, too. HH Jim Tn
Appreciate your Input Jim Tn.. I guess not too many are
running the F75 these days with all the Claims to the latest and greatest machines these days. In my opinion after seeing my old partner using his F75, you can't really go wrong with this Fisher
Model... Again, Thanks much!
silverseeker 2

It's a tradeoff. Lose some depth with the dst or deal with a detector that is an emi magnet without it.
I've heard a few others over the years say this about F 75's, but with 3 different one's, never found that to be the case. And for the most part, I am a urban hunter. Nor, did 4 of my hunting buddies that also had 75's. Two of my F 75's had DST, but I always ran with it off. HH jim tn