Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What frequencies have you ran

DigDog

Outside of just using smf and I believe a couple people have tried 4 khz, has anyone tried using just just 15 khz or 20 khz in place of smf in parks and noticed a big difference?

Outside of just using smf and I believe a couple people have tried 4 khz, has anyone tried using just just 15 khz or 20 khz in place of smf in parks and noticed a big difference?
I searched a trashy sport field today, i was using 40 Khz in field mode with recovery speed set at 7 , all i can say it was smoking out Cupro Nickel coins from amongst trash like there
was no tomorrow, personally in trashy sites i find the 4 KHZ and 40 Khz to be good performers. My channel is metal detector test channel , i found a 1950 's enamel badge at 6 to 7
inches depth and i was in 40 KHZ too. 6 inch coil is superb for depth and separating good from bad. I am thinking maybe the multi frequency modes work best on the beach.
I know i paid all that money for a multi frequency detector and am using it mostly in single frequency.

I know i paid all that money for a multi frequency detector and am using it mostly in single frequency.
Well thats another great thing about the Legend is that it is essentially multiple detectors in one being able to use either smf or vlf depending what you are doing with it. You actually paid a great price for a detector you can use on the beach and other mineralized areas in smf or choose one of five frequencies depending what you are looking for.
The lower frequencies are supposed to be hot on high conductive things like silver and the higher frequencies on things like gold. Usually 40khz is mostly used for gold prospecting I thought. surprisingly you are doing great with it and a 6” coil going deep in a trashy park seems like.
I will probably keep the 6” coil on mostly all the time as it seems everyone is getting great depth, and separation with it. I don’t intend on digging very deep holes anyway( >12” ) Getting that deep using 40 khz and 6” coil in trash is still amazing. I wonder if lowering to 20 khz or 15 khz would get a lot deeper.

My experience has only been using 4khz in a high EMI area. It runs basically quiet and has found older silver at only 5-7” deep. I’ve tried 10 and 15 as I begin to get the EMI and it quiets only minimally as I get deeper and deeper. If I knew there would be coins/jewelry in a confined area the test would be to run everything at it with out digging and see what, other than numbers changing, changes/misses/appears, or what happens. In other words grid a 1000 sf area several times……..

40 KHz or M2 are the only ways to pick on irregularly shaped small gold (such as small earrings) on hunted out sites (especially tot lots and beaches). On virgin sites, on the other hand, both will go off on tiniest flakes of foil, turning your outing into a never-ending digging session.

I use 20 kz alot in high EMI areas and especially around metal playground equipment using 60 tones to find targets close to metal poles. The SMF frequencies wrap too much around the iron for me to ID targets against metal poles.