Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Ghost Towns Have You Hunted?

Hi Charles

Please sent stories about Connecticut Bury Treasures and Connecticut ghost towns, and sinken treasures to: tippy1804@att.net

Thank you.

Lovejoy

Hi i'm always interested in going to old foundations along with a friend of mine please let me know if your looking for someone to go with thanks.

This is my first time on Ghost Towns. I live in NJ, I never realized they had so many ghost towns. I thought only the west had them. I purchased a book called Forgotten Towns Of Southern NJ, by Henry Beck. I love the book, the story's of the towns and the people whom lived there are great. I just started to do a little research of the towns. If anybody is from NJ and is familiar with some of the forgotten towns send me an e-mail.
Jim

Charles B said:
Hello Skip,

You're sitting right in the middle of a great place to hunt.
There's nothing not to like about ghost towns. I'll be privy digging at one on Saturday. They just never seem to hunted out.

H.Charles

Don't fall in or you smell real bad.

:stretcher:

This is so interesting as I've been researching my family tree and my great grandmother supposedly lived in Gazzam when she first came to this country from Sweden. I've always been interested in the old ghost towns and have taken a few photos of them along the Ghost Town Trail close to where I live.

We have quite a few here in Utah in the West Desert. My Dad and I like to head out and explore them as often as we can. Most have been hit pretty hard over the years, but every now and then we find something neat. Some still have buildings, others we have only been able to find by comparing skylines to old pictures.....

One of my favorites out here is Jacob City.

But above all I enjoy the history and the tranquility. Makes you think.

Great place to hunt think.May be there are treasures there:drool:

Most Ghost towns out here are considered Historical sites, a definite No to metal detecting, but there are hundreds of old mining camps scattered in very remote areas. I found a site last fall, been back 2x (a 2 hour drive 1 way). So far only trash. It took awhile to realize what I was looking at was a foundation. This wall is at least 100 feet long, several smaller foundations in the area. It shows up well in Google Earth, but when you are next to it, it is only a stone wall.

South Canyon coal mine, just 4 miles west of Glenwood Springs Colorado had yielded a good number of relics since I purchased my first metal detector a few months ago. A beautiful canyon with free natural hot springs and spectacular geology. Beginning in 1893, 4 different coal mines have been worked here.

av.jpg

GateKeeper, I searched this Ghost Town around 1975 using a Garret TR. I rode a old 441 BSA Victor from Kirtland AFB to Madrid and also hunted at Waldo NM alone back then, which no cell phone to call for help. I remembered staring in one of the homes in the photos and could almost see ghost from the past at the dinner table surrounded by family and friends. Use to fly on Helicopters three day a week from Albuquerque NM to T or C NM and would mark off old sites or abandoned building. Now Madrid is a tourist trap and use in the movie Wild Hogs a few years ago. HH Ron