Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What has happened to Eric

george

What has happened to Eric
Its been a long time since he has posted on the forum

My understanding is Eric has retired from the hobby side of metal detectors and is probably sitting in a nice English pub enjoying a pint of real ale....:cheers:

I know there are some people who maybe disappointed that there is no succession planning for Eric's machines and repairs.
It does appear that people are looking for ways to repair their machines that have been in service for some time

I'm not sure if anybody else knows what is or might be happening in the future.

Tony.

I have two of Erics machines a Beachscan MK2 and an older type Goldquest
Both are in very good condition and good working order
Are they likely to be worth more now that Erics not manufacturing anymore
Or less

george said:
I have two of Erics machines a Beachscan MK2 and an older type Goldquest
Both are in very good condition and good working order
Are they likely to be worth more now that Erics not manufacturing anymore
Or less

more $$
pulsepowers the detectors are the only ones,
who to sell more expensive than when it was new !

which want to tell all of its quality ....

but why sell a pulsepower
if you need money, go to the beach :detecting:

If I recall correctly, I think Eric mentioned that he had a young engineer working for him but I may be mistaken as it was some time ago.

I miss the dedicated "PI Technology forum"......I'm not sure why they downgraded it to the "technology" forum

There is absolutely a market for high end PI detector's such as those that were produced by Eric. I am confident we haven't seen the last of Eric's machines possibly built by someone else under his strict guidance and quality control.

Pulsepower is the benchmark......:clap:

Tony.

I just acquired an Aquasport, an early Eric Foster design, preceded the now Aquapulse. It belonged to a fellow who resided on the beach where Mel Fisher tied up his boat and worked the salvage of the 1715 fleet near Sebastian, Florida. I bought it from his son. It has coil wire and bone phone wire issues but it looks like it had been there and done that. The story goes that Mel would flip the guy a coin every once and a while to let him tie up off his house. Good story. I have other detectors to use but I just enjoy looking at this one.

where Eric? why does not reply?

kt315 said:
where Eric? why does not reply?

Because he has retired......something we are all entitled to.

i do search in Geotech. last his post was on 12-27-2013. his alias there Ferric Toes. in his profile his Location : Dorsetshire, UK.

can anybody share a photo with me?
tia

Eric and Andy Flind.