Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What have you found on the beach with your Q?

Doug[Manila]

I've not been using my Quattro more for land but would like to do more beach hunting with it. Haven't had much mileage on my Q for quite some time though...
How fast can you swing this unit in the wet sand?

Hello

Bought my Q 2nd hand two months ago.

Being a beach hunter, I already found 2,5 times the amount I paid for. As I always say, we in Europe are very lucky to have high value clad.

The slower you'll sweep on the wet, the more you'll find. Don't misunderstand me. Just don't hurry !

Nick the Belgian !

About 5 or 6" in 2 seconds.

When I encounter a good spot, especially on the wet, I go even slower. (4", same distance)

Those Minelabs on the wet need also a manual sensitivity setting.

Nick.

What have I found with my Quattro?.....Mmmmm...lets see: Goldfeilds: A bottle dump where over 150 1800's intact bottles come out of it not to mention other relics, a heap of relics too much to mention and ranging from buckles, buttons, fob watches parts, hamonica reeds, jewelry, purse parts, cutlery, chains, trinkets like thimbles and sewing machine feet, etc, not to mention a myriad of old coins, exept a gold one. One the beach: a stack of coins, gold/copper/silver and junk jewelry, relics, plus a heap of rubbish. Large stuff; iron tools and relics. Problem is, I don't know where to put most of it! Some on the wall, some on a desk, the rest stashed away. With what I've sold, I've paid my Quattro twice over. Mind you, paid around $1,600 for my Quattro, a little more than you guys pay over there!
Golden:detecting::wiggle:

Hello Golden !

French car, as well known over here are cheaper in the rest of Europe than...in France !!:rolleyes:

The same goes apparently for Australian detectors...We pay here 700 euro for a new Q.

Something like 1190 AUD

That is quite a difference !

I'll never understand those kinds of situations !:shrug:

Nick

Your still a Tiger, Golden. I'm so impressed that you "still" paid the Quatro back, two times over or more at the excessive price they charged you for it down under. My hat is off to you, once again, and for all your tenacity in finding all the stuff you've found. Good to see you on the forum. Marc. (backslyder)

backslyder said:
Your still a Tiger, Golden. I'm so impressed that you "still" paid the Quatro back, two times over or more at the excessive price they charged you for it down under. My hat is off to you, once again, and for all your tenacity in finding all the stuff you've found. Good to see you on the forum. Marc. (backslyder)

Thanks Marc!