Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what I found in my front yard!~

I've been working, metal detecting my front yard. My house is about 80+ years old and was first an old gas station in the 20's & 30's & 40's. I've found a 1941, 1943 wheat penny, a 1961 memorial penny various pieces of wire from a fence nails, and the cover to a bowl of a carburetor model TRX 37-38 built by Marvel/ Schebler Div. Borg-Warner Corp for a Massey-Harris Tractor, 101 or 201, 226 ci engine built from 1938 to1943. (Can you tell I did a lot of research on that part?) The findings have a lot of history behind the findings. These items were 6 to 12+ inches in the ground. I remember someone on the net say dig everything! So I am. I am practicing putting the sod back in place so it doesn't look like a mess. We had a little snow last night and 35+ degrees today. Last week I went to a local park and metal detected a play area and found 51 cents in change. No quarters and no silver or wheaties. That was fun. Can't wait to do it again! Stll waiting to find that special piece that will make me rich!

Well it sounds like you are getting out and having fun. You didn't say what detector you are using. You are right about digging everything. You get so many interesting things... KEN

Good hunt in that park.
Rich you'll not get but fun you'll have.:detecting:

dr 4 leaf Clover said:
I've been working, metal detecting my front yard. My house is about 80+ years old and was first an old gas station in the 20's & 30's & 40's. I've found a 1941, 1943 wheat penny, a 1961 memorial penny various pieces of wire from a fence nails, and the cover to a bowl of a carburetor model TRX 37-38 built by Marvel/ Schebler Div. Borg-Warner Corp for a Massey-Harris Tractor, 101 or 201, 226 ci engine built from 1938 to1943. (Can you tell I did a lot of research on that part?) The findings have a lot of history behind the findings. These items were 6 to 12+ inches in the ground. I remember someone on the net say dig everything! So I am. I am practicing putting the sod back in place so it doesn't look like a mess. We had a little snow last night and 35+ degrees today. Last week I went to a local park and metal detected a play area and found 51 cents in change. No quarters and no silver or wheaties. That was fun. Can't wait to do it again! Stll waiting to find that special piece that will make me rich!

!943 wheat? was it steel?

The penny, 1943 was not, it was 1942-D.

Question, what do I do to clean these pennies. Some one suggested jewelry cleaner. Any other ideas without ruining the penny?

I appreciate you comments and advice.