Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What I have learned so far ..........

Elton

V3i out of the box is a good working machine in preset programs. No depth demon but respectable. A few tweaks and depth goes deeper...A few more and still deeper.
How you use it makes the difference in finds , depth, and ease of operation. Sweep speed , Filter settings etc. play a big role in your dirt. Frequency settings do too..

It has a lot of toys one may use, or never use... It's up to you. Change it all, or change a little.. Analyze a lot or a little. It's what ever you enjoy using on this baby !!

It's for certain fun to use, and play with all the toys on it ......... Do they have a purpose Oh yea..Do you have to use them ?. No !. But they will help you get the most out of the machine. Do you get bored OH NO Never..

This is the Ultimate detector for those who like to set all settings. Experiment with different things on the detector and in general have fun detecting.. It does like Rings and Nickles for sure.
Overall It's a fun piece of equipment to use............ Some might suggest it's a Geek machine.. Well !. Trust me I am not a Geek and I like it so far.

It's way past a DFX in all respects ..Depth,settings,& Abilities............ and so far past an XLT I should not have even said XLT in this post.

XLT was good detector and can keep up with many new onse
Have you notice how many similar settings on both mashines but named differently
I own both and I like them
Both have very good Factory Programs and easy adjastable
DFX did not have good preesets

Elton said:
V3i out of the box is a good working machine in preset programs. No depth demon but respectable. A few tweaks and depth goes deeper...A few more and still deeper.
How you use it makes the difference in finds , depth, and ease of operation. Sweep speed , Filter settings etc. play a big role in your dirt. Frequency settings do too..

It has a lot of toys one may use, or never use... It's up to you. Change it all, or change a little.. Analyze a lot or a little. It's what ever you enjoy using on this baby !!

It's for certain fun to use, and play with all the toys on it ......... Do they have a purpose Oh yea..Do you have to use them ?. No !. But they will help you get the most out of the machine. Do you get bored OH NO Never..

This is the Ultimate detector for those who like to set all settings. Experiment with different things on the detector and in general have fun detecting.. It does like Rings and Nickles for sure.
Overall It's a fun piece of equipment to use............ Some might suggest it's a Geek machine.. Well !. Trust me I am not a Geek and I like it so far.

It's way past a DFX in all respects ..Depth,settings,& Abilities............ and so far past an XLT I should not have even said XLT in this post.

yes yes and yes

XLT is fine.But, all I said was it's a different format in almost all instances compared to the V3i.. Starting with only 6.5 frequency......... DFX was the transition machine so too say !!

XLT is still a very nice detector to use... It however is not a V3i or even close to being one.

You will also find that the V3i can detect the tiniest metals. It will find a single bird shot from a shotgun shell. Except for not yet being able to find 10" coins, I am pleased with mine. martin

n/t

Please send me those tweaks Bill >> Thanks

try running single frequency 2.5 with the 5 band setting. Run the discrim sensitivity around 90 if it will allow and the rx gain at 12-13. I usually run with the tx boost off. I think in my ground I could probably get a 10" coin (quarter for sure) with these settings. I will try it the next time I go out and post a video. If you have real bad ground you may not be able to do it.