Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What I'd like to see Tesoro do:thumbup:

Craig

I was just thinking what new product they could come out with. My thoughts keep going back to a Pin pointer. I have the Treasuremate that was rebuilt by Vince and it works better then when I bought it new. I think Tesoro would put a dent in Garretts pin pointer. I can get over 2 inches depth , if I have a deeper target over that, the pin pointer give a slight buzz, alerting me to where the target is !
If the new pin pointer could be water resistance or water proof. With the Ground balance knobs eliminated and the tesoro warrenty, it would be a winning combination:thumbup:

Can you tell me why these pinpointers are so popular? I have been detecting for 25-years and never used or owned one. What makes it so popular? - Terry

When you locate a target, you put the pin pointer to the ground and see if you have to dig a plug or just pop out your target ! We all have different ways of recovering our targets. I just like to recover as fast as I can, and neat as I can and be on my way to another target.

I can tell you quickly. I was detecting at a place two days ago and having a real hard time finding my target after it was dug. This place had a bunch of melted Silver Soldier and the pieces equaled a Dime. These were impossible to find in the gravel. Pinpointer found them quick even though that was not what I was expecting to find.

Thank's for the responses! - Terry

This is kinda old, but....

What makes them so popular is they allow you to find many targets much faster than by trying to spot them with your eyes, or by grabbing handfuls of soil and waving them over your coil on your detector. It significantly speeds up target recovery as well as makes it easier, and helps keep you from gouging what you find as well.

no, you don't HAVE to have it, hell if you want to you, you could use one of those old BFO detectors too, you don't HAVE to have a new VLF machine, it's how much is your time worth to you really. Less time in recovery means more time detecting and more finds per time spent. It's up to you and your pocketbook whether you have one. Personally I wouldn't want to be without one I consider it a very important part of what I take in the field.

What would I like to see Tesoro do?

I would like to send them my Vaquero and have the guys make my machine a multi-tone unit.

Terry Soloman said:
Can you tell me why these pinpointers are so popular? I have been detecting for 25-years and never used or owned one. What makes it so popular? - Terry

Terry,

I to have missed (dug beside) targets using PI & VLFs because I could'nt home in on them + some mineralization because it masked the target (prospecting & digging in degradeing minerials (rusty tin cans, boot tacks, staples, ect. )

Expeculy with PI digging deep holes its easy to bybass & lose a target.

Pinpointers accelerate recovery, facilitate less likelyhood of damaging a target, don't need them all the time, but it is a necissity for the arsonal.

HaRM

terry get your hands on a garrett pro pointer & you will see :thumbup:
i dident need 1 for 35 years but now i dont leave home without it :detecting:

I'd like to see tesoro build a 2 in 1 unit. a vlf and then switch to a pulse unit when conditions change like salt beach mineralization. something as simple as flipping a toggle and swapping coils ,

No I'm not talking Tiger shark. or sand shark. put the two together. WALAHH:super:

The problem there is, we wouldn't be able to afford that.

As I'm thinking about it, maybe we are lucky. After all, we have very nice Tesoros that are excellent detectors, backed by the only remaining lifetime warranty in the industry, and great service, maybe we should just feel fortunate for what we have instead of worrying that Tesoro isn't bringing out flashy new things all the time, that they are still around, because these days that is kind of beating the odds. I know this isn't a political forum, but we have a government controlled by fanatics (right and left wing) who would let us default on our debt, a catastrophic disaster, so long as they feel they will profit politically from that. That once would have been called "treason", but today it's just what you expect. So hopefully Tesoro can weather the coming storm, and hang in there, as can all the rest of us. That will be enough for me, at this point.

LilloEsquilo said:
The problem there is, we wouldn't be able to afford that.

As I'm thinking about it, maybe we are lucky. After all, we have very nice Tesoros that are excellent detectors, backed by the only remaining lifetime warranty in the industry, and great service, maybe we should just feel fortunate for what we have instead of worrying that Tesoro isn't bringing out flashy new things all the time, that they are still around, because these days that is kind of beating the odds. I know this isn't a political forum, but we have a government controlled by fanatics (right and left wing) who would let us default on our debt, a catastrophic disaster, so long as they feel they will profit politically from that. That once would have been called "treason", but today it's just what you expect. So hopefully Tesoro can weather the coming storm, and hang in there, as can all the rest of us. That will be enough for me, at this point.
i guess we shall all see what happens on the 12th of August.

n/t

finnfoto said:
I'd like to see tesoro build a 2 in 1 unit. a vlf and then switch to a pulse unit when conditions change like salt beach mineralization. something as simple as flipping a toggle and swapping coils ,

No I'm not talking Tiger shark. or sand shark. put the two together. WALAHH:super:

Because the units are so different it wouldn't be do-able & or cheap if done (weight would be an issue to).

I myself would just be happy if they came out with the lightest/waterproof PI machine that gained 6 inches over the VLF machines. Control box size 50% of the Sand Shark, rechargeable lithium battery-packs (for long life, small footprint & max. power).

HaRM

Hardrockminer, that would be a great machine....something lighter than they others, that doesn't have to go feet deep, but, as you say, a bit deeper than a vlf machine..wonderful! (Actually being waterproof would be a bonus too)

Furious T said:
Hardrockminer, that would be a great machine....something lighter than they others, that doesn't have to go feet deep, but, as you say, a bit deeper than a vlf machine..wonderful! (Actually being waterproof would be a bonus too)

Considering that PI units can be used on wet salty sand, being waterproof would be a neccesity. A rogue wave can catch you unawares & a fall in the drink on slippery rocks even on fresh water lakes or rivers can happen just as easly +

rain would be a non issue to.

Another great addition would be a wireless waterproof headset option, have a switch to switch between using wireless system or plug in headset.

HaRM

its about time for some wireless backphones and headphones with built in circuitry to accept them, even whites are doing them now on their new products