Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is a fair shutter count life for a Modern Digital camera these days ???

Mega

On modern or recent Digital cameras that are sold these days,what would be a fair or average shutter life expectancy for the life of a camera ??? of course a camera could be a fair few years old but not been used a great amount,but if you are a heavy user was wondering if a camera is good for 10000 or 100,000 shutter clicks,of course the camera make i guess would make a big difference as a expensive camera would not only have more settings on but also have a longer life expectancy as well.

Any ball park figures or ideas on what is a good figure to aim for,as most are aware i have just bought a entry level Nikon but not sure how long it should last.

May seem like a stupid question but i thought i would ask.

most dslr cameras are rated from 100,000 to 150,000 activations. you can check on manufacture website and check what they recommend. hope this gives you a rough idea.....

fmurphy said:
most dslr cameras are rated from 100,000 to 150,000 activations. you can check on manufacture website and check what they recommend. hope this gives you a rough idea.....

Thanks for the reply,must admit that has answered my question as i was hoping it would be,i guess i should have looked at the makers website/s for that information,once again that gives me a very good baseline figure to work with.