Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is a good cheap scoop?

wvrick

I only get to hunt beaches a couple weeks a year and heading there in a month. Whats a good long handles scoop for the vacationing hunter? I figured I'd ask the people who know best.

added: This is for dry sand, I can't get my legs wet.

Thanks

For your purpose.... just find a small shovel. You could even pick a cheap on up when u get where u r going. Just fill your holes and u r all good.

dewcon4414 said:
For your purpose.... just find a small shovel. You could even pick a cheap on up when u get where u r going. Just fill your holes and u r all good.

Thanks, and yes in my 45 years of detecting I've always returned the ground to the best it could be.

Thanks for the replies, I've decided on a couple models that should do well for years. I'm planing on moving to the coast in a few years so it will see more use and after talking with the wife we both plan on making monthly trips there.

U just changed the game. Looks like you want a quality scoop. Next thing u will b wanting to do chin deep.... plan on it and get a Starvr M9 or on of chucks life time warranty ones. Do it right the first time.

Yes after I started looking and found some really good ones, and a couple I wished I'd bought a few years ago when you could still buy one I settled on a Stavr.

He makes a good scoop at a good price. Im not crazy about where he put the bolt hole.... just doesnt work for fiberglass very well. So you may have to mod the scoop like i did to keep it from splitting with the twisting and pulling we do. I like his M9...... doesnt take in to much material so you dont pay the price physically.

Nice mod for mounting the handle. Yes after looking over scoops I liked his scoops. I like the EVROEXCAVATOR 2v.22 and that was my first choice but after giving it more thought and your suggestion for the M-9 thought the heavier bill would let me use it here for freshwater hunting. I have 4 lakes with swim area local and I can use it there as well.