Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what is different about WOT and all terrain

pierre87 said:
What is the differences between a disk WOT and ALL TERRAIN for the x-terra?
Nothing. The All Terrain coil for Xterra's is a WOT. They even say "WOT" right on them.
However....not all WOT coils are Xterra All Terrain coils.

Old Longhair said:
pierre87 said:
What is the differences between a disk WOT and ALL TERRAIN for the x-terra?
Nothing. The All Terrain coil for Xterra's is a WOT. They even say "WOT" right on them.
However....not all WOT coils are Xterra All Terrain coils.
Why then a différence from almost 100 dollars for the same coil in two shops.?

Were they both Xterra coils? Was one the newer spoked design?
It could be that the dealer with the cheaper one just wants to clear out the older design.

Old Longhair said:
Were they both Xterra coils? Was one the newer spoked design?
It could be that the dealer with the cheaper one just wants to clear out the older design.
That was my hown questions, apparently no, same new design one is 229 euros, and the other one 311 euros, and that 300 euros price is on many shops. When you look at the first site (229 euros) you see it is the new design, no?

{Sorry...I had to remove the links to non-sponsor sites}

Both sites show the new design, and both are definitely stating they are Xterra coils, so I have no idea why one is so much more expensive than the other unless one is a typographical error.
I guess that I would order from the cheaper site. :shrug:

[attachment 305150 sollabalancep22122014h.jpg][attachment 305149 sollabalancef22122014h.jpg][attachment 305148 trouv22122014b.jpg]

Well, i did receive the coil and it was the new design, what a beast! Heavy for the swing but it is a very good buy. All ready find 30 coins in a field that i have done many times with the two coils of the gold pack. One coin (a revolution one) in 40cm deep! Ground was wet, it help a lot for the depth.
A little sample here and a beautifull "Sol à la balance" of the year 2 of the revolution.
On the red you can see, 3 Napoleon III coins of 5ct (1862), one Double Tournoi from Louis the XIII (1634), one aluminium 1fr Morlon 1950, 2 without id but i think double tournoi, one Sol à la balance(rare to find) and mousquet balls.

Congratulations on your coin finds Pierre, well done!

I guess by now you are convinced that the 14.5 inch All Terrain coils really suck-up a deep target that our other coils cannot hear, especially over moist ground. In which KHz did you buy yours, and which model do you run it on?

When the original WOT's were made by Coiltek, for the XT's, Musketeer's and earlier gold VLF's, they sent one to Doc Lousignont, Minelabs American distributor at the time and he called it a Wonderful Orange Thing, hence the nickname WOT.

Thank god Coiltek made them for the XTerra's as well. Just remember that the DD blade does not travel down the entire length of the coil at depth, but cones in just like the concentric coils but minus the bottom tip of the cone , so you have an 'at full depth hot-spot of nearly 9 cm, under 4 inches, at the centre of your coil,,,, where the deeper targets will be heard. So a forward swing of further than 8 to 9 cm at a time will cause a miss on deep targets.
If you find hours of swinging and balancing the All Terrain coil causes any elbow, shoulder or back pain, those Minelab Pro-Swings are a godsend.

Keep up the good work Pierre......

temporary image hosting

upload pic

thanks for the infos, i didn't knew. I swing slow, i don't want to miss anything and my pace is very slow because i'm used to the original minelab gold pack coils.

Good luck with it.

Wild Orange Thing I meant.