Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what is it worth mark racer 2 pro package

dfg4240

Hi
I just posted in the metal detecting forum and I probably should have posted here.
I bought a mint Makro Racer 2 pro package for $500 and thought I was getting a deal.
It is absolutely in mint shape and bought it from a newbie who didn't know much about it and he let it sit in his closet.
most of it was unpacked yet-headphones ec.
I can see that is is chattery in the house in a raw state unprogrammed and I went out and thought I made a bad deal.
I went and bought the nokta fors relic.
I had the Racer 2 pro up a couple times in the you know where and all I kept getting was trade offers or low bids.
I tried settings from the instructions that came with it and sometimes you can turn sensitivity and gain almost all the way up.
Now I am stuck as to which I want.This thing is really deep.
I am not in a hurry to sell it but just feel it is like having Two detectors that are close in performance.
David
There ar a couple of pics over there also
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,2459548

Here in my den I have four Nokta models, one being a FORS Relic, and a Makro Racer 2. With a standard-size search coil the FORS CoRe and Relic devices are very well balanced. With the smaller-size search coils they are a delight to use, and that's about the only coil I use on the Racer 2 in really densely littered sites. For 'average' day-to-day hunting, the 7" Concentric coil on a Racer 2 is tough to beat! It balances well and works terrific.

Yes, the Relic and Racer 2 are kind of 'similar' in the way they work and they both feature Iron Audio Volume control, but there are still differences. One main difference is that the Relic works at 19 kHz and the Racer 2 at 14 kHz. This provides a bit of an 'edge' for each of them in different hunting environments.

You have two very functional, versatile detectors and I'd suggest keeping them both as they make a great team..

Monte

thanks Monte
I have been thinking about keeping both. It will be interesting to see over time which one has served me better.
I don't have to sell either of them.
David