Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is it?

boojababy

Found this in my back yard a bit ago.

Attachments

• 20230619_162735.jpg
    20230619_162735.jpg
    958.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 20230619_162747.jpg
    20230619_162747.jpg
    903.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 20230619_162800.jpg
    20230619_162800.jpg
    653.5 KB · Views: 108
You Got A something.... thats been mashed flat.... The spring coiled around the inside... on the heavier piece of steel.... And the holes drilled over the spring on both sides... leads me to believe this is an electrified heater of some sort... Interesting find :thumbup:

You Got A something.... thats been mashed flat.... The spring coiled around the inside... on the heavier piece of steel.... And the holes drilled over the spring on both sides... leads me to believe this is an electrified heater of some sort... Interesting find :thumbup:
What would it have been from?

Do you see any wiring connections on the ends of it?
Can you post a photo of it along side a coin to give us an idea of the size of it?
That may help.

In the one photo you can see fingers, a coin would be too small. Try a tape measure/ruler both vertical and horizontal. To me it looks almost automotive….. there is a screw head on top in the one photo to compress the lid (?). Coils seem like they could heat up, maybe a hot plate?????

Any indication there was an electrical cord attached? The holes around the circumference would indicate something like gas or propane but the coils wouldnt be there I would think. Kinda looks now like an old Coleman camp stove burner. IDK

Any indication there was an electrical cord attached? The holes around the circumference would indicate something like gas or propane but the coils wouldnt be there I would think. Kinda looks now like an old Coleman camp stove burner. IDK
I can't tell if a cord was attached.

It has to be electric due to the heating coils… I am thinking it is not a hot plate due to the shape.. I would think it would be round or instead of oval.
I would think there should be a small opening on one end for an electrical source.
Another thing is that it released heat from both sides.
My first thought was a boot or shoe drying device, but just a guess.
That is a curious piece!!🤔🤔

Water heater, put in a tub to heat water before you had a central water heater. We had one in the 1950’s on the farm. Could also be heater for water tank for cattle to keep from freezing.

Tough to find vintage examples.... But they're out there... The adverts talk about everyone shutting off their hot water heaters for the summer... And using these lil guys to heat your bath water.... Boy are we spoiled today... :biggrin:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 52
Tough to find vintage examples.... But they're out there... The adverts talk about everyone shutting off their hot water heaters for the summer... And using these lil guys to heat your bath water.... Boy are we spoiled today... :biggrin:
I’m not so sure I would feel comfortable getting in the tub with that… water and electricity is a bad combo!!🤣😂