Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is next??? Dave J and Mike Scott?

Low-Boy/LCPM

Just had some free time after a chemo treatment..lots of rest and then time to get my energy up for another relic hunt...but as I have said before what is coming? The At is kind of a mix of new and old the LTD is another step at unmasking and the G2 has everything mixed in..I have not read any hunts with the G2 as a gold hunter? But as a relic hunter what a great machine...Now you wonder what the programmers and designers are doing...I know they are busy because that is how their minds work..Just like our minds work when we hunt..we need to do what we love and so do they!

We have come a long way with our hobby and we have a lot of long time hunters that are keeping the hobby alive...But what is the next new machine that will blow our socks off? Another relic hunter? A new multy freq coin machine that has the speed of the G2,T2, LTD and Omega and the unmasking but more depth and a way to read trash...TRASH has been the problem that has hindered us for so many years. And the trash is getting worse at parks and schools. We know there are gold rings..if I could find three diamond gold rings in three weeks with the G2 and I had to dig a lot of foil and pull tabs, think of all the jewelry that is being passed up? I don't have the youth to dig junk all day..but I know a friend that does just that and comes home with a pail of junk and a pocket of keepers...We just want a little more help..I am tired of all the new cars each year coming out with new computer software and saying to myself why didn't I wait another year..well they spend the big bucks to sell their cars they have to improve each year even no more of us now have to keep our cars longer....I know our detecting industry is small and we are not winning over new people we are trying to keep the long time hunters in the hunt...So every so many years most us of are hoping for the next new, different never been done before machine!

Enter the new machine that everyone has to have? It would be like a whole new world of school hunting and park hunting and lake hunting and relic hunting...We are not getting any younger and the areas we are hunting are getting lost or built over or hunted out..but there is so much history on land we don't own...God I see it up here all the time in the gold country old buildings...on Private land..We should have a company like Fisher and Tek sponsor a hunt! They come out with a new machine and get all of their testers in one area with history for a hunt... We make videos of the hunt and when we get the green light we post them and show the new machine in action...This would be a first but just think of how many detectors they would sell...Got to spend a little money to make a lot? Think big try it and if it works you have everyone trying to play catch up...

That is how I built my business up, you have to spend money to make money you have to go to the next level and see what it takes in today's economy to make it to the top...you have to think outside of the box..A sponsored hunt by Fisher and Tek...I will pay my way to hunt some old areas with a new machine and then make a video..

When the At came out they made their videos and their in shop testing but it has all been done before...no real testing because you can't control what is in the ground...what you are going to find that is a keeper or junk....same with whites and so on. I did my best with the G2, got about eight thousand hits on youtube with two videos...On the head to head video on the F5/F75 over twenty thousand hits...

I know there are enough of us out there to keep this industry alive and maybe I have too much time of my hands to think any of this will happen but it is fun to keep our dreams alive. I have read all I can on the At and the V3 and all of the machines that have come out...my forum browsing has become Find mall and NASA TOM...NASA TOM and Find Mall is always a way to learn from all of the great minds that visit those sights...

So I will keep relic hunting with the G2, I learn something everyday I hunt about masking and about the speed of the machine...hey Fisher and Tek how about making a flag with you logo on it so I can fly it at my house...

Low-Boy I really enjoy watching your videos.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

I would like for them to come up with something that's like the G2 with it's great unmasking capabilities, but super hot on deep silver.

tabman

Thanks for the post Lowboy and thanks for all the advice you have given to me over the last few months. It has made me a better hunter. :thumbup:
I hope your feeling better soon!!

Hey lowBoy Hope all is well. Not reality here but a dream detector. A pi Unit with real time X ray pinpoint no more digging something that does not look right. They cant make a pi disc so lets have a visual disc.:yikes::jump: no more:pulltab:
HH Be WELL

Low Boy my prayers and thoughts are with you during this time and I love your post and I'm with you on the G2, I want the flag too.

Hey a flag would be nice.
Personally I would like for a non metered relic machine.Oh say around 2 pounds with on,off tone id.

i'll second that!..g-2 features with depth on silver!..maybe just lower the frequency?
just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Hey Low-boy!
It is good to hear from you. Those videos are great and I look forward to new ones as you are able. Hang in there with the treatments while others of us say a prayer now and then. I think there is a possibility they will find a way to multi processor a unit with boost/cache ability. That's my guess anyway. Maybe Lesche can make a vibrating digger or Apple could make an i-found app?
God bless Lowrenzo!

Hang in there with us, I always have enjoyed your videos and they have been a help in many ways to me. I too hope that FT contnues to amaze us with fine machines, they have yet to reach the pinacle of production yet!!! I have thrown alot of money towards new machines in the last 2 years and have found out that I lean toward the keep it simple with great results detectors are the best for relic hunting......Mark

Hey Low-Boy, I keep praying for you -- you are doing great, by the grace of God.

Hey j.t. -- how about this...

The brand-new Fisher SILVER Bug Pro! Multi-frequency, for a bit more skill in sorting out the goodies from the iron, but otherwise very similar to the Gold Bug -- maybe two adjustable "tone breaks" instead of one -- to divide it into low (iron), med (gold), and then modulated VCO for the higher VDIs (i.e. the coins)...a "boost" type process for getting the deepies, a back light, and otherwise the same simplicity and the great VDI of the Gold Bug Pro.

That's what's on MY Christmas list. With my Gold Bug Pro, give me a SILVER Bug Pro (a pure coin-shooting machine that excels in trashy parks and schoolyards), and with that duo, I'd never need another machine!

Steve

I like the idea of the multi frequency, the bp mode, and I want a trigger for pin pointing. Not too bad of a list. I just know when I carry the LTD and run into iron I wish I had the G2 and when I am in tall grass or corn stubble I wish I had the LTD. Just mate the two and I would be good to go. Nice to think about. Lowboy, you have a lot of people praying for you buddy. We all enjoy your videos and your California treasures so get well and keep em coming.

Don
HH

Lowboy...I never have met you or talked with ya...But I can tell from your past posts and especially the great videos you share with all who watch...You are a true fellow of great character and integrity...That cancer iz fixin to get a good ole Cali @%! Whoop'in!

My thoughts and prayers are with ya dude.If you ever make it Texas way...Let me know and we'll do some relic huntin in Bosque County TX.

cowtownkid

man after my own heart!..sounds ExACTLY like the next step!..dave and crew!..are you listening?
..(hot damn!).minelab group!.."look out!"..have to add 2 more shifts at (f.t)....make it happen!
we are ready!..just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.