Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what is the best large coil for the gt

calibil

Would like some in put as to what larger coil works best with the gt in sand salt and or hot dirt, what type targets and size effect, thanks

The S-12 works real well in the sand. I don't like to use any larger coils in the dirt than the stock one because of masking. In plowed fields I use the S-12 also. You will get a few different answers here. The WOT is very popular at the beach. I didn't like it because of the weight and I just hated pinpointing with it. Especially in the wave breaks. These two coils have been tried and tested by many and are both quality coils. In metal detecting you need to be careful about larger coils losing their ability to be sensitive to small gold targets. These two coils are fine.

n/t

n/t

I really prefer the 10in. but you could look at the Coil Tech W.O.T. 15in.

It is on an MXT. But Keith Southern sure puts on a telling show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBT5idh8_Kk

[I have heard also that the S-12 was one of the better coils. Isn't there two S-12's... one solid and the other a spider type???/color]

Yes that question about balancing to the brick was brought up on the other forum also. Keith never answered it. I would guess that the results would differ. But I think the initial test was telling. It seems coils are very different sometimes.

Getting back on topic it seems either the wot or s 12 is the. Best choice for a.larger coil for the gt more so.the s12 the s12 in water . Any depth between the two.in dry sand

Getting back on topic it seems either the wot or s 12 is the best choice for a larger coil for the gt more so.the s12 the s12 in water . Any depth between the two in dry sand

ive used the wot in wet and dry sand...the depth is great but as was stated earlier it is a little heavy and pin pointing can be a challenge....i prefer the wot over the 10 inch coil ...... i cant speak to the other coils as ive never used them... i spent a week at the shore last year with the wot and the one advantage i found was after most targets were found by the large number of people detecting the beach i was still able to find more deeper targets whileothers were having a hard time finding any signals to dig....just my two cents...

great vidio goodmore that clealy shows the SEF is a better coil and not just some hyp it was obvious, I would chose the SEF over that 6x10

Great video.