Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is the best settings for coin shooting plus comment about F75

Glen in Maine

I have had my F75 now 2 weeks and absolutely love it more than any detector I have ever owned. My Questions is to you all.... what are you finding to be the best settings for coin shooting... Thanks Glen

Depends on the spot. In a very trashy site I set the discrimination to 55 and then notch in nickels. In a slightly less trashy site I drop disc. to 45 and notch in high foil up to low tabs (about 28 to 42). That leave a good window open for a possible gold ring.

The more I use the detector the less discrimination I handicap it with. You can get the sensitivity much higher if you use very little discrimination. Delta tones, or 3H and the bottle cap mode, do pretty well at signaling trash with a uneven or clipped tone and/or a wide range on the TID. If you "X" a hit and it stays within one or two units on the TID number and the confidence bars are full - it is a coin. Zinc cents (post '82) are around 58 to 60, and if you don't dig those (some do, some don't) you'll probaby never have problems with flat aluminum tabs and twist-caps. Those seem to give a pretty convincing return when they are flat below the surface.