Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what is the best settings for depth on fisher f75

shilohwig

i was wondering what was the best settings for depth on my f75 to get under leaves and such i usually run all metal in woods and where trash is down but like old homes that are tore down and trashier places i was curious on what to run i noticed that bill ran 0 disc and 99 sensitvity why not run all metal thanks

Yes, all metal maxed out in the woods is a very deep seeking machine. But remember high sensitivity setting doesn't mean you'll find all targets. Best to adjust until it's just quiet or a little noise and go for it. In all metal you can adjust the threshold into the negative numbers to help with the very small targets you don't want to dig.

Somewhere I read that running the F75 with some discrimination gives better depth than All-Metal mode. I know this is true for my Musky as well. I run at a disc of 4, which is still high gain but does cut some of the worst iron bits. I like the default mode and set the sensitivity up as high as it is stable (usually between 80 and 95, depending). Ground balance frequently and seep as fast as the brush allows. The F75 is not a slow, poke-and-hope type detector.

Add a fire rake to your arsenal and you'll get better results in the woods. Clear the likely spots of saplings and have at it.

I use AMM - that mode is more accurately for ID than disc mode :detecting:
More watch on screen but even iron lay next to copper in AMM is more 'visible' for me.

Great info on Fisher F75 here.

url=http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/fisher-f75-and-f75-ltd-interesting-info/]Fisher F75 settings[/url]