Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is the diff in these coils?

biglry

I'm curious if anyone knows the difference between the CORS FIRE 15"x15" DD search coil for :minelab: Sovereign/Excalibur and the NEL ATTACK 15" DD search coil for :minelab: Sovereign/Excalibur. I'm thinking about putting one of these coils on a :minelab: Excal Il that I have setting around. I have the 15" WOT and regulated it to use on my Sov GT as I was not happy with it on an Excal ll.
I've seen the NEL ATTACK 15" in use on an Excal ll and was impressed with its depth in wet sand. I do know they are both from the Ukraine and I suspect made by the same manufacture. Anyone have experience with the CORS FIRE 15"x15" which I know nothing about?
This is for beach hunting and light surf work.:detecting:
Thanks for any empirical evidence you might be able to share.

Same company using 2 names for some reason...... ive never really figured that one out.

Dew

dewcon4414 said:
Same company using 2 names for some reason...... ive never really figured that one out.

Dew
Yea, kind of what I thought as they come from the same city, country and have the same price.

Biglry,
This is Cindy, from Minelab, we are not affiliated with NEL coil, they are a separate company selling coils. If you need assistance you can email us at service@minelabamericas.com

So Cindy, what is recommended as a replacement for the coil on an Excalibur?

Cindy..........3 posts, newbeeeee, welcome to the ship.

Dew

Hello Pastor Tom,

Please feel free to either call us at 877-767-6522 or email us at service@minelabamericas.com and we will be able to help you further with your question.

I use both Minelab Tornado coils 800 1000 for most of my hunting.Some of those larger coils just have too much drag in the water. HH Ron

Ron....... some of the larger coils can use depth because of the sensitivity adjustments needed too. As these adjustments are made........ the srtandard coil becomes more competitive.

Dew