Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what is the diffrence between the Race 1 and Race 2

sidney

I was wondering what is the difference between the two Racers? As the cost is big for the Racer 2

Thanks for your input.

Racer 2 has an extra mode "Deep". and also has Notch Disc, The ability to save settings, Iron Volume, Adjustable Tone breaks, and the ability to change the tone frequencies. That's all I can remember off the top of my head. For me, the Racer 2 is well worth the extra expense. The Racer 2 is a much more complete "coil & jewelry" hunter, and the iron volume really helps hunting the iron infested sites.

sidney said:
I was wondering what is the difference between the two Racers?
As Tom Slick replied, there is one additional 2-Tone search mode labeled 'DEEP,' and several new adjustment features. The only one I didn't see him mention was the iSAT function which is an Auto-Tune or Self-Adjusting-Threshold function for the Threshold-based All Metal mode.

The other items Tom mentioned, such as Notch Discrimination and so forth, are useful for some avid Coin & Jewelry Hunters, while folks like me who mainly get out Relic Hunting make more use of the Iron Audio Volume control, Tone Break, and Audio Tone adjustments. There was the change in the handgrip 'S' curve and grip foam used for the Racer 2 compared with the original Racer which is a 'difference,' but the Racer and Racer 2 do operate at the same 14 kHz frequency and share the same search coils, and I like that.

One 'difference' that Tom didn't mention, I don't believe, is that the Racer has a ferrous/non-ferrous break at a numeric VDI reading of '40.' The Racer 2 has the VDI numeric ferrous/non-ferrous break at '10' and that allows a greater spread of the numeric read-out for all of the more desired non-ferrous targets. This can help some people better classify some higher-conductive trash targets, sort through some gold jewelry that might differ from annoying pull tabs, and has a variable Tone, and better separate some coinage across the entire range of conductivities.

A second 'difference' between the two models is that with the Racer 2 you can variably adjust the Tone Break as each search mode might allow and not be restricted to a '40' to break iron from non-iron like the original Racer.

sidney said:
As the cost is big for the Racer 2.
Racer MSRP is $499 while the Racer 2 MSRP is $749. That $250 difference might be a lot to some people if they don't think some of th4 extra features are needed for their amount of hunting time. But to me and quite a few others, the extra $250 difference in MSRP means a lot to get:

iSAT auto-tune
Tone Break, Notch Disc.
Notch Discrimination
Iron Audio Volume
Audio Tone adjustment as desired per section
FD [size=small](restore Factory Default settings)[/size] or SA [size=small](save custom setting)[/size]
plus the added 'DEEP' search mode
Enhanced, greater spread on the non-ferrous numeric read-out.

Needed by everyone? Nope. Desired or liked by some of us? Yep, and for $250 it is a real bargain in my opinion. Both models are excellent performers and really dollar-value packed for this industry.

Monte